Expectations for 2014

it was more to do with my supreme faith in Osh. the man is a winner. and even if you guys get taken to the woodshed a time or two, don't lose heart because MO'S is taking the loss >9000 times worse than you are and will never be afraid to change things to try and find a better way forward.

i think Burke is a top DC too and he and Milanovich had some very good times together before but like i said, it isn't just that our D is being reshaped but that it is also being rebuilt (again). losing guys like Mitchell, Ball and Watkins after a year previous losing guys like Armstead, McCulloch, Horne, Caroll... i just start getting an anxiety that we're asking Barks to reach into his bag of tricks too many times.

What?!!?  9000?!?!

I'm expecting a 9-9 record.  I have several reasons to be this optimistic.

Do these reasons come in capsule form?

I'm looking for a madhouse-wild-D chasing, and making plays all over the field to start the year and keep us in games.

I'm thinking we'll be somewhat competitive on Offence, even to start, and get better with more snaps.

We'll need, and get, great ST play to give us the field position to keep us close.

Punting plays a big part of this.

And kicking has to come up bigger than it has in the past. Field position from kickoffs last year wasn't very good.

Kicking also has to get us the points that will make a difference in a lot of games.

6 to 8 wins is not unreasonable and like many posters have pointed out, teams may be closer to each other due to their own player losses.

Only 40 days 'til training camp when we can re-visit this again.

I expect our D to be decent, cuz they normally are.

I expect our O to be atleast competent, last year we werent at all.

I expect some excitement and some disapointment.

I expect us to have atleast 1 1000 yard receiver.

I expect our Running  Game to be good to very good (IT SHOULD BE) (if not, we need to get better players)

Record Wise, Honestly with some offensive production, we should be good for 6 wins, so im gonna say we pull a couple miracles off this season, maybe on some special teams players or Defensive plays, Big plays, INTS to end games, Kick Return TDS etc, so im gonna say 8-10 but Im not naive to think it could very well be a 4-14 season too, hopefully if it is, its with progress. Like 2010 really, sucked but were close, was progress. LOL.

can anyone recall if any CFL team (in the past) fielded 3 import OLs for most of the season and not just for 1-2 games?

i recall EDM did, i think last year but for just one (or two) game(s) only.

not really...  I think Ham tried it as well but not for long

I would only consider the bombers doing it because our NI depth is really terrible across the board, including OL...

IIRC the Riders did it last season or the one before for a game or two.

All I ask is we don't get blown out 52-0 in the presason and our first offensive play of 2014 at home isn't an interception.....surely we can do better then that :)

You mean leave all your veterans at home because the HC was afraid they'd all get hurt in the pre season? yeah, I don't see that happening again. 

Every year sees at least one major riser, and one major faller.  Hamilton was last year's riser, and Montreal fell off.  You could reckon Sask rose and BC fell as well.  Two years ago, Toronto rose, while the Bombers fell. 

Proper leadership can make good players great, and this team will play their asses off for O'Shea.  We will be a team on the upswing.  An 8-10 record would be attainable, with a 10-win upside... and probably a 5-win downside.  Sask lost a lot of talent and could be a faller this year.  BC is more dependent on a healthy Lulay than ever before.  Edmonton's got Reilly at QB, and while some guys here think he's an established starter... I think he's the 6-month stale pop-tart flavour you thought would be awesome that wasn't, in an otherwise empty cupboard.  Calgary will be working in a new starting QB, but has enough overall talent elsewhere that they should win the west. 

Toronto's stability and talent leads me to believe they'll retain the top spot in the east, although Hamilton could challenge with a good year from Collaros.  HAM is like Calgary to a lesser level... lots of good talent in other positions.  Can't believe the love this board is giving Montreal, with Troy Smith/Tanner Marsh at the helm.  I think they're a team still on the downslope, and will struggle.  Ottawa... it'll be entertaining to watch Burris lose, because that roster lacks depth worse than we did last year.

Given a good rebound 8-10 year from the Bombers and all this... we could make the playoffs as a crossover if we don't make it in the west.  Worthy of optimism, folks!

I predict that CFL teams will have as many wins as they do losses, the league will have some new faces making an impact, there will certainly be a few guys who get hurt and lots of players will either exceed or fail to live up to expectations.

Other than that, I have no idea.

I predict that CFL teams will have as many wins as they do losses, the league will have some new faces making an impact, there will certainly be a few guys who get hurt and lots of players will either exceed or fail to live up to expectations.

LOL exactly this.

Bold predictions, better be careful putting yourself out there like that, it's a long fall if you're wrong. 

Well, this sorta, kinda sounds vague.....

5 wins.  More than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  We'll be better than Ottawa and close to Edmonton, we should be able to take 3 out of 4 against those teams, and hopefully swipe a couple wins from the rest.

I'm looking more for progression from our coaching, QB's and younger players than wins.

I completely 100% agree with you, wins this season is not the biggest issue for this club. The biggest uncertainities we have is do we have the luxury, the discipline, the appropriate people that understand this and consistently follow-through in what it means to 'stay the course' for progression other than wins? The true litmus test of this new regime will be how disciplined, how focused, how flexible, how open, how intelligent the coaching staff, the management group and executives are when it comes to minimizing bad decisions influenced by pressures/needs/opinions not relevant, not plausible, not correct in what it will take to turn this organization around towards stability. I'm stating the obvious, yes but overall, collectively with all the non-playing people employed by the WBB over the last while, we haven't done well with this aspect of a shared vision, of shared responsibility and shared accountability. I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing thus far with O'Shea, Walters and Miller. The true test however will be when significant adversities hit this season and how it's handled. Right now, the new people charged with turning this club around are still enjoying the honeymoon phase.     

Bold predictions, better be careful putting yourself out there like that, it's a long fall if you're wrong. 

I like to live dangerously.