Bombers O-line coach

IC Khari

I gave up on acquiring Wylie long ago. 

What leads you to believe he has any interest in coming to Wpg. at this point?

I am on the same boat also.

From the last time I heard, the Bombers are still waiting for him. Until when though?

He taught me the value of studying absolutely everything about the other team, and I mean everything. He never had to wait and react because he already knew everything that was going to happen. I stole the concept of being turned away from my own huddle from Bryan. While our play was being called, I’d always be turned looking at the defence, looking for all the clues Bryan showed me to look for. That gave me a chance.

Oh, so that's why the Bomber OL faced the line of scrimmage during the play call.

You could be right, SPuDs... I just think it's circumstances & the way things are working out. O'Shea thinks that the coaches he hired are more than qualified to be Bomber coaches & I'm okay with that. I wanted to see more CFL experience. Having Stubler sign with Calgary still stings but gotta move on.

We're waiting on Bob Wylie's availability.  Another interesting name became available this past week...Bryan Chiu, a former CFL OL with the Als who also has OL coaching experience at the CIS level. 

That is an interesting name. He's the sort of guy who sounded like a coach when you heard him talk. Well spoken, knows the CFL game, has some coaching experience. May be worth taking a look at.

I was just thinking it's getting a little late to have not named an Oline coach yet.... Not terribly optimistic that we'll get Wylie but I'll hold out hope until it's in stone...

Chiu was a centre, correct? That might be helpful for developing a young centre

I was just thinking it's getting a little late to have not named an Oline coach yet.... Not terribly optimistic that we'll get Wylie but I'll hold out hope until it's in stone...

Chiu was a centre, correct? That might be helpful for developing a young centre

Our coaching staff would resemble a group of glorified backups in case  the young ones don't pan out.

If chiu does land here, we really could have something very cool.and groundbreaking in the mix here with all these "natural" cfl groomed coaches.. If it turns out we are successful it would really show that canadian trained and raised products are just as important to out league..

And then what will happen? We'll start making CIS QBs our starting QBs and we'll start winning GCs. It will be one big mess. Canadian QBs as starters? Winning GCs. We'll ruin the CFL. :o

If chiu does land here, we really could have something very cool.and groundbreaking in the mix here with all these "natural" cfl groomed coaches.. If it turns out we are successful it would really show that canadian trained and raised products are just as important to out league..

And then what will happen? We'll start making CIS QBs our starting QBs and we'll start winning GCs. It will be one big mess. Canadian QBs as starters? Winning GCs. We'll ruin the CFL. :o

Guys, let's get real here.... Wow.

Good suggestions guys.

The Real Canadian SuperStar League would make sense.

Now, if we can only think of a viable League sponsor….

Bob Wylie arrived in Winnipeg this afternoon on a flight from Minneapolis, let's hope he is here to sign a contract.

I heard the same thing from a couple people. I mentioned it on our twitter account, hope you don't mind. I credited what I think is your twitter account.

Good thing we didn't hire Kris Sweet:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...157/story.html

The Montreal Gazette’s Herb Zurkowsky wrote on March 3 that the Eskimos O-linemen didn’t respond to former coach Kris Sweet’s full-blast methods.

“There was an open revolt against Sweet by Edmonton’s offensive linemen,” Zurkowsky wrote. “At one point, they went to former head coach Kavis Reed, en masse, threatening not to practice unless Sweet altered his methods. In no uncertain terms, Sweet was hated by the players whom he coached, according to several sources.”

The 2013 season was the only one that Sweet spent with the Eskimos. He was hired by Tom Higgins and the Montreal Alouettes on March 6.

Outwardly, Sweet appeared to be a difficult coach to play for. He was a powder keg of emotion while he ran his players through drills, trying to extract results from them with the volume maxed out, his profanities raining down on them.

Coaches at the pro level have no room for error; they have to get results out of their players. But if the linemen were in fact this unhappy under Sweet, change will be necessary to reach them.

I am not sure what Sweet could have done to alienate his lineman but this can explain why they were so bad last season.

Good thing we didn't hire Kris Sweet:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...157/story.html

The Montreal Gazette’s Herb Zurkowsky wrote on March 3 that the Eskimos O-linemen didn’t respond to former coach Kris Sweet’s full-blast methods.

“There was an open revolt against Sweet by Edmonton’s offensive linemen,” Zurkowsky wrote. “At one point, they went to former head coach Kavis Reed, en masse, threatening not to practice unless Sweet altered his methods. In no uncertain terms, Sweet was hated by the players whom he coached, according to several sources.”

The 2013 season was the only one that Sweet spent with the Eskimos. He was hired by Tom Higgins and the Montreal Alouettes on March 6.

Outwardly, Sweet appeared to be a difficult coach to play for. He was a powder keg of emotion while he ran his players through drills, trying to extract results from them with the volume maxed out, his profanities raining down on them.

Coaches at the pro level have no room for error; they have to get results out of their players. But if the linemen were in fact this unhappy under Sweet, change will be necessary to reach them.

I am not sure what Sweet could have done to alienate his lineman but this can explain why they were so bad last season.

I thought Sweet would be a good fit for the bombers after his SK tenure... definitely not now - Wonder if he'll yell at Bourke, Perrett et al...

Should have just upped Flory to OL Coach