Bombers add 2 imports

@Darren_Cameron: #Bombers have added import defensive back Maurice Leggett and import defensive end Stafford Gatling.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has added import defensive back Maurice Leggett and import defensive end Stafford Gatling.

Leggett (5-11, 188, Valdosta State, October 2, 1986 in McKeesport, Pennsylvania) has spent the past two seasons in the Arena Football League with Utah and Philadelphia. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by Kansas City in 2008, and won the Mack Lee Hill Award as the team's top rookie, after starting eight games on defense in his first year. Leggett returned his only interception 27 yards for a touchdown and also scored on a 67-yard fumble return that season. The next season saw Leggett play in ten games for the Chiefs, finishing with 15 tackles (14 solo) and five pass breakups, before being injured for the remainder of the season. He returned in 2010 but was also placed on the injured reserve after being injured in the first week of the season. He then attended Detroit Lions training camp in 2011.

Gatling (6-4, 249, Ohio, November 30, 1985 in Burlington, North Carolina) played college football at Ohio, where he was a team captain in 2010. He spent four seasons at Ohio before being signed by the New York Jets in 2011.

Really like both of these signings. I knew about Gatling about a week ago but Leggett is another welcome addition - the year he won KC's ROTY award, he beat out two top 15 picks in that draft class (Glenn Dorsey and Branden Albert)

Really like both of these signings. I knew about Gatling about a week ago but Leggett is another welcome addition - the year he won KC's ROTY award, he beat out two top 15 picks in that draft class (Glenn Dorsey and Branden Albert)

Why no threads created about the signing last week then?

I just didn't really get around to it.

Get your **** together.

Leggett sounds pretty impressive.

Ok Colin LOL

Ok Colin LOL

Just been working on plugging the Twitter account lately more than posting here.

MorningBigBlue @MorningBigBlue 6d

Add this name to the list of unannounced recruits by the #Bombers: DE Stafford Gatling (6'4", 250) formerly of Ohio U and the NY Jets. #CFL

Think it was the same day they cut Boatman.

Ok Colin LOL

Just been working on plugging the Twitter account lately more than posting here.

We realize it takes time to clean your stained fingers after testing copious amounts of those nasty BBQ chips.

I hope he's good.  Not sure if he's a little injury prone.  Can't tell from the below if he hurt himself 2 or 3 times in 2 years.  I'm thinking the wikipedia folk just suck at writing.

On November 25, 2009, Leggett was placed on Injured Reserve due to a shoulder injury. He was placed on injured reserve after hurting his knee against Pittsburgh. On September 4, 2010, he was again placed on IR, ending his season for the second time. 

I hope he's good.  Not sure if he's a little injury prone.  Can't tell from the below if he hurt himself 2 or 3 times in 2 years.  I'm thinking the wikipedia folk just suck at writing.

On November 25, 2009, Leggett was placed on Injured Reserve due to a shoulder injury. He was placed on injured reserve after hurting his knee against Pittsburgh. On September 4, 2010, he was again placed on IR, ending his season for the second time. 

Sounds like either the first and second sentence are related or the second and third sentence are related...  I would guess he was on IR twice....so yes, just poor writing