I want to talk about something that really grinds my gears

Mike

Suggestions for best fried chicken in town?

Really depends on yer take on fried chicken.. Thick, crunchy skin? Chicken chef or KFC. Less skin? Dals or chicken delight id gather... Candies chicken used to kick ass... Then they disappeared..

Really depends on yer take on fried chicken.. Thick, crunchy skin? Chicken chef or KFC. Less skin? Dals or chicken delight id gather... Candies chicken used to kick ass... Then they disappeared..

What do you mean "disappeared"?  Close down?

I love Chicken Delight. Only because in Calgary we have KFC & that's about it. I miss it.

C'mon, no love for Chicken On The Way?? It's one of the least healthy things I've ever had, but as far as greasy chicken and a mountain of fries goes, it's solid every time...

I really just eat the skin so the more skin the better.

I love Chicken Delight. Only because in Calgary we have KFC & that's about it. I miss it.

C'mon, no love for Chicken On The Way?? It's one of the least healthy things I've ever had, but as far as greasy chicken and a mountain of fries goes, it's solid every time...

Honestly, lived here for 24 years & I never had it... I'll take your word for it, though.  

Ate at Hooters last week for the first time she they opened in their old location.  I was there for a charity fundraiser otherwise it wouldnt be my usual hangout.  20 years ago I found the food average at best and the servers were far too aggresive in their flirting.

But they were good last week.  Servers were really nice.  Had a Chicken Cesar.  it was good.  Decent atmosphere.

Ten years ago, I was in Edmonton with my then 13 year old son & 2 of his friends along with their dads for a football clinic at the U of AB.. The first evening after the clinic had finished, we were at the west Edmonton Mall to take them to the water park & go for dinner. They have Hooters there. The boys all wanted to go to Hooters for dinner. And even at 13, they liked the ladies serving the customers. We all knew what our wives would have done to us had we gone there with our kids so we took them to another restaurant instead.

I was quite unhappy to have a buddy refuse to go to Hooters because he's gay and "why would I want to go there".  To which I asked "well, if you get a female server anywhere do you demand to be moved?"  Just foolish.

Anyway...while the servers were attractive I didnt find it that big of a deal.  Tank tops and short...meh.  yes, short shorts but they were wearing some sort of leggings or something.  I'd like to back and try their burger which got good reviews from the people I was with.

I've also had Moxies a few times lately.  Salad was better at Hooters but Moxie's has a great burger.  The service is excellent also.

Honestly, lived here for 24 years & I never had it... I'll take your word for it, though.  

No don't do that, it's nothing special. Had it for the first time a few months ago wasn't overly impressed. The Chicken Chef (was a Chicken Delight before that) in the town I grew up in had better fried chicken than Chicken On The Way. I'd just as soon get KFC to that. 

Ate at Hooters last week for the first time she they opened in their old location.  I was there for a charity fundraiser otherwise it wouldnt be my usual hangout.  20 years ago I found the food average at best and the servers were far too aggresive in their flirting.

But they were good last week.  Servers were really nice.  Had a Chicken Cesar.  it was good.  Decent atmosphere.

They have some kind of chicken burger there, fantastic. The whole premise is kind of ridiculous with the constant flirting and what not but for greasy food it's perfectly fine. Just as long as you understand the whole idea behind the servers and can ignore the ridiculous over the top flirting. 

They have some kind of chicken burger there, fantastic. The whole premise is kind of ridiculous with the constant flirting and what not but for greasy food it's perfectly fine. Just as long as you understand the whole idea behind the servers and can ignore the ridiculous over the top flirting.

Too expensive if yer just going for the food.. Can get the same burgers n such at Denny's for cryin out loud

Doesn't deserve its own thread yet but I noticed Obby Khan is partnering up with some kid in the Osborne Village and opening a Carrot Juice restaurant/bar in the middle of the Village. 

Signs are up - I suspect renovations are nearing completion. Won't be cheap cuz juice bars are very labour intensive. Just ask Wade Miller and his booster juice operators - a small juice can run up to $6.50; bigger sizes more!

I think the sign for Obby's place said 'The Green Carrot' but I could be wrong!

Obby is a businessman. Good for him. He's a BC boy (isn't he?)  who made Winnipeg his home. 

I sold a nice Rezillos record at the Rockin Rick record show last weekend so I've got a bit extra to try Obby's Juice bar. Suspect price of a decent juice will be around $8 to $10 cuz its a. labour intensive, b. the landlords in the village are mercilless, c. min. wage nearing $11/hr. and d. cost of produce increased over last 6 months. 

Wish he had a $4 or $5 drink on the menu cuz spending $10 a day amounts to nearly $300 a month. 

Schwarama Khan got some great reviews when it first opened but I notice more and more negative reviews coming in on urbanspoon about weak service, limpy produce and long waits.