Lions Feeling a Little Down

Shanks

Shawn Gore

@ryan_4real21 feel like we been robbed, and then the thieves came back the very next day

Ryan Phillips

@SGore85 man bro it's been a tough two days seeing guys just bounce to other locations. Man what can you do? Just wish 4 the best I guess

Rob S

@SGore85 @FarhanLaljiTSN @ryan_4real21 you have been! This is a sad week for the #Lions fans

Shawn Gore

@ryan_4real21 yah, I guess... @24Banks stop all that retweeting. Just rubbing that dirt in, lol

Shawn Gore

@E_Arceneaux16 @ryan_4real21 @24Banks I'm about to go hit the facility, some free lockers just opened up.

Ryan Phillips

Sometimes you gotta sit back and reflect and think wtf just happened?

Wally would cut his mother to save a dollar. He is cutthroat. He's been GM in BC almost as long as in Calgary when he was cutting veterans left & right thinking someone younger & cheaper could play & he finished last in the West in 2002. He might be nearing the end of the road in the CFL & looking to retirement in the next couple of years.

"If you’re nervous,” Buono said. “So am I.”

This was written a couple of weeks ago, at the time of the Korey Banks trade, but it's still worth reading:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Lions+release+Korey+Banks+part+familiar+regeneration+process/9459266/story.html

Things seem to have actually degenerated since then.

Yup. The bell may toll for thee this time Wally.

Wow what happened to all the Wally lovers who wanted him as the next Bomber GM and spare no expense to get him.?

Wally Buono as Bomber GM would be an instant, immediate upgrade over anything we've had since, well, I don't know. A healthy Dave Ritchie?

When you hire Wally, you also hire a very good pipeline to talent (Roy Shivers?).

And while he may cut guys a little TOO early, at least he doesn't get taken to the woodshed too often or get held over a barrel by prima-donnas.  

Ask the other GM's in the league if they respect Wally as a GM. Then ask what they think of Joe Mack. 

Wally won't overpay for players that is and always been one of his strengths. If you overpay for even one player you drive up the expectations for all the players. You need to hold to a pay schedule and not let or get emotional about the "business" of football.

and yet people screamed bloody murder when our last GM showed a similar attitude.... 

Wally won't overpay for players that is and always been one of his strengths. If you overpay for even one player you drive up the expectations for all the players. You need to hold to a pay schedule and not let or get emotional about the "business" of football.

and yet people screamed bloody murder when our last GM showed a similar attitude.... 

Mack is gone... please, enough already.

This was written a couple of weeks ago, at the time of the Korey Banks trade, but it's still worth reading:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Lions+release+Korey+Banks+part+familiar+regeneration+process/9459266/story.html

This quote was interesting to me as well, said by Dante Marsh:

“Winnipeg gets a hell of an upgrade. We get a guy who has potential, but potential is a coach-killer.”

“Winnipeg gets a hell of an upgrade. We get a guy who has potential, but potential is a coach-killer.”

Who is he saying is the coach killer?

Who is he saying is the coach killer?

Potential.  In this case, being Poblah I would imagine.