Bombers Interested in Kory Banks

Jpan85

We should have taken Banks in the Ottawa dispersal draft anyway. Better late than never.

We were really weak at DB then, I wanted us to take him instead of Val St.Germain or whoever we picked at that spot.

With that being said, I think he's past his best before date. I would pass on him at this stage. 

We should have taken Banks in the Ottawa dispersal draft anyway. Better late than never.

We were really weak at DB then, I wanted us to take him instead of Val St.Germain or whoever we picked at that spot.

With that being said, I think he's past his best before date. I would pass on him at this stage. 

And they traded up to get St. Germaine. OL wasn't great either, IIRC

I believe Banks is a future hall of famer, but IMO he's past his best before date already. Adding his veteran leadership should be considered a big positive though.

Just because your milk is past its best before date doesn't mean it isn't still good enough to drink - I think Banks is the kind of guy we need on our team to right the ship.

That was the height of the Taman era. He traded almost every high draft pick for a number of years.  We pretty well had to take NI's at the time just to patch the holes that had built up over time.

True but in fairness this article says a potential trade would be for a low draft pick. Regardless, we already have one veteran who constantly gets beat time and again. We don't need a second or need to give up a potential future special teamer to get a second.

A lot of people thought Hebert was "over the hill" and "done" when he came back from the NFL. I think his has been just as much of an impact player (maybe more so) than when he left. I would love to have Banks and his intensity on this Defense. That fire has been missing quite some time. Hopefully his tenacity would become contagious. Let's face it the Bombers right now are not in a position of strength. It's going to take a couple of years to rebuild their reputation and become a desirable organization to play for again. The only way that is going to happen is by winning consistently. If the club needs to bring other teams so called "scraps" then so be it. Hopefully IF the club can even sign some of these types of guys, they come with a chip on their shoulder a something to prove to the rest of the league. We just need a year or two of winning before the club can start attracting some key FA that can make an impact. It is crucial for things to turn around now and have their success peak for the 2016 season when the city hosts the Grey Cup. In the meantime Walters/Danny Mac and company need to bust their butts looking at guys that can be brought in to hopefully be the teams future success.

A lot of people thought Hebert was "over the hill" and "done" when he came back from the NFL. I think his has been just as much of an impact player (maybe more so) than when he left. I would love to have Banks and his intensity on this Defense. That fire has been missing quite some time. Hopefully his tenacity would become contagious. Let's face it the Bombers right now are not in a position of strength. It's going to take a couple of years to rebuild their reputation and become a desirable organization to play for again. The only way that is going to happen is by winning consistently. If the club needs to bring other teams so called "scraps" then so be it. Hopefully IF the club can even sign some of these types of guys, they come with a chip on their shoulder a something to prove to the rest of the league. We just need a year or two of winning before the club can start attracting some key FA that can make an impact. It is crucial for things to turn around now and have their success peak for the 2016 season when the city hosts the Grey Cup. In the meantime Walters/Danny Mac and company need to bust their butts looking at guys that can be brought in to hopefully be the teams future success.

True, but in those peoples defence, Hebert would have looked his age any any other defence but Montreals.