Montreal Rb Situation

Atomic

I thought this was relevant since we're playing Montreal in game one.  Right now, both Brandon Whitaker and Jerome Messam are on the injured list and the only healthy back they have is Steven Lumbala.  They also have an American named Tyrell Sutton on the practice roster, but I don't know why they'd put him there if they're planning on playing him this week.  Seems crazy to me to go into a game with one running back, especially when the guy is a rookie Canadian.  Bombers could be catching an early break here.

http://cfl.ca/roster/index/team/9

Thoughts?

I thought this was relevant since we're playing Montreal in game one.  Right now, both Brandon Whitaker and Jerome Messam are on the injured list and the only healthy back they have is Steven Lumbala.  They also have an American named Tyrell Sutton on the practice roster, but I don't know why they'd put him there if they're planning on playing him this week.  Seems crazy to me to go into a game with one running back, especially when the guy is a rookie Canadian.  Bombers could be catching an early break here.

http://cfl.ca/roster/index/team/9

Thoughts?

The may pick up Coker (Cut by Calgary or Riggs cut by the Argos). I wonder if they'd be interested in Garrett?

Yeah I'm wondering if they'll make a move prior to the game.  I definitely wouldn't want to give them Garrett, at least not right before we play them... too much potential for that to blow up in a real bad way

I don't think there would be enough time for him to learn their system. If they like him they will find away to pluck him away from us if he is not activated or on the ir. might as well try to get something for him.

I thought they took their sweet time signing whitaker in free agency too cause they were pretty high on another guy. maybe it was jennings maybe I'm making the whole thing up

The Als waited until May when Whitaker was cleared to play to re-sign him.

Gerald Riggs showed well when he played for the Argos. Coker isn't very big... I don't think he's 200 lbs. He's built for speed. Riggs is the kind of back who could carry the ball 20 times a game while Coker can't. 

Size for a running back especially in the CFL is greatly overated. Most of the runningbacks are shorter and lighter anyways. Charles Roberts and Fred Reid exclusively were both around 160-180 soaking wet and both had no problem carrying the load 20 plus times when needed.

I suppose, but why bring in a guy who is not only 30 but has little to no success in the league when they have a guy like Jennings who is younger and was serviceable in their own system last year. I mean this argument is kind of silly since we're speculating a situation that will by all accounts never happen but there are better options for any team than Riggs. Bringing in a 30 year old running back is silly in most circumstances because there is literally zero upside.