Player Announcement

Jacquie

I don't mind it, hes a solid player and he seems like a good guy but I'm a little surprised with the pageantry considering that wasn't exactly an area of weakness and he's not exactly a star. I don't recall off season press conferences being held for anyone but QBs around here.

The Vega signing was announced in a press release - not at a press conference.

There is a press conference later this morning.

I don't mind it, hes a solid player and he seems like a good guy but I'm a little surprised with the pageantry considering that wasn't exactly an area of weakness and he's not exactly a star. I don't recall off season press conferences being held for anyone but QBs around here.

The Vega signing was announced in a press release - not at a press conference.

There is a press conference later this morning.

Which is why I removed my comment while you were posting. ;)

wow that's really anti-climactic.

Vega is a great signing. Awesome leadership guy

that being said, definitely a solid addition to the team.

To a common fan who only reads headlines, a player returning from the NFL after a full year hiatus is probably a pretty big deal.

Good point. You're right.

Great news, excited to get him back - we didn't own his rights anymore right? So he chose to come back. Says a lot about him and the team, Imo.

His long-term girlfriend also lives in Winnipeg. 

Good, Winnipeg chicks should really work harder on locking some of these guys down.... Jacquie? 

Hopefully we can bring Alex Hall back into the fold if he stays in the CFL.

Considering Vega and Turner probably didn't come cheap, I doubt this happens. Defensive end is easy to recruit. Not sure how I'd feel about paying three guys handsomely on the defensive line potentially. The distribution could be better.

Hopefully we can bring Alex Hall back into the fold if he stays in the CFL.

Considering Vega and Turner probably didn't come cheap, I doubt this happens. Defensive end is easy to recruit. Not sure how I'd feel about paying three guys handsomely on the defensive line potentially. The distribution could be better.

Word is the Bombers were $200k under the salary cap for 2013. I'd assume a big chunk of that is going towards signing Turner and Vega to extensions. Smart move by Walters to get guys signed in 2013 to free up cap money for 2014.

Great news, excited to get him back - we didn't own his rights anymore right? So he chose to come back. Says a lot about him and the team, Imo.

His long-term girlfriend also lives in Winnipeg. 

Good, Winnipeg chicks should really work harder on locking some of these guys down.... Jacquie? 

WOO HOO! Boy toy hunting I'm a goin'!!  

I'm afraid those days are behind me. I would have to use the "I'll be your Winnipeg mother" angle to hook any of them.  :P  :D  But I'll support your efforts however I can.  B)

WOO HOO! Boy toy hunting I'm a goin'!!  

I'm afraid those days are behind me. I would have to use the "I'll be your Winnipeg mother" angle to hook any of them.  :P  :D  But I'll support your efforts however I can.  B)

I think they'd go for that... they love cougars, right?!  And you can make an awesome pre-game meal?!