Higgins didn't quit or resign ?

1. Higgins says he has been living with this lie since the grey cup! He did not quit or resign. #CFL

2. Tom Higgins says he did not quit or resign from #CFL he says he was not extended a new contract by the league!

On demand audio vault http://www.newstalk770.com/audio-on-demand-2/

Should be up soon

Dec 5th 8pm

lmfao. waaaaaait. so he struggled as a coach and a gm then struggled as director of officiating... and yet was considered a good pick for our management staff?

glad he never ended up here..

Let me see...in 7 years as a HC he went 72-53-1 and brought his teams to the playoffs every year and won the grey cup one of those years.

Yeah sounds like he really struggled as a coach.

lmfao. waaaaaait. so he struggled as a coach and a gm then struggled as director of officiating... and yet was considered a good pick for our management staff?

Let me see...in 7 years as a HC he went 72-53 and brought his teams to the playoffs every year and won the grey cup one of those years.

did he not ultimately **** the bed in his last 2 or 3 gigs tho? as it, cfl changed and he didnt?

Let me see...in 7 years as a HC he went 72-53 and brought his teams to the playoffs every year and won the grey cup one of those years.

did he not ultimately **** the bed in his last 2 or 3 gigs tho? as it, cfl changed and he didnt?

The only season he lost was the last season he was a HC when he went 7-10 and still made the playoffs.  After that from 2008 till now he was the CFL director of officiating.  What 2 or 3 gigs are you talking about?

well he was on a steady decline from first season to last.. and I have to assume knew he didn't have it anymore or else why would he take the "easy" way out?

regardless, glad he's not on our management staff.. not to mention, it's not like officiating became something the cfl could look at and say "wow, we got good since 08!"

Struggled as a Head Coach & GM? Uh, don't think so... A former CFL COTY. Check  his won loss record &  what he accomplished in Edmonton & Calgary & get back to us. We would kill here to have a coach who struggled like he did.

Hate to see someone out of work but with the state of the officiating being what it is in this league, and for all the times the Bombers got screwed because of the refs and all Higgins could muster after the fact was a "Yeah, that call should have been reversed, too late now...sorry Winnipeg!", can't really say I'm disappointed.

Some nice revisionist history going on here.  Check his record as a coach, Gm  and asst. Gm and get back to me.  Also note the 3 Grey Cup appearances.  As for director of officiating no one's going to fix that unless the league puts a significant increase in their investment  in officials.

And if Higgins struggled, I'd love to see how you would describe Joe Mack's tenure as GM.

Struggled as a Head Coach & GM? Uh, don't think so... A former CFL COTY. Check  his won loss record &  what he accomplished in Edmonton & Calgary & get back to us. We would kill here to have a coach who struggled like he did.

Spudsy would probably have us believe Joe Mack was a better Gm than HIggins! :lol:

he progressively got worse while in calgary,.stymied the growth of the edm team even while winning AND officiating didnt become elite so again, i state im glad he isnt here..

would any of you want don mathews here? whats his cfl record look like?

he progressively got worse while in calgary,.stymied the growth of the edm team even while winning AND officiating didnt become elite so again, i state im glad he isnt here..

Damn rights I would take Matthews. If he hadn't got sick and retired I would anyway. Guy was a control freak but he was a winning one.

Don's coaching days are over. He's in his 70's & recovering from cancer. Enjoying life away from the game. He has a young son or daughter.

Damn rights I would take Matthews. If he hadn't got sick and retired I would anyway. Guy was a control freak but he was a winning one.

again, you saw how his last season as a coach went, right?

Really Don Matthews?    Can't believe anyone would even say that....

Really Don Matthews?    Can't believe anyone would even say that....

I think I see what Spuds is saying. Ya, undeniably a great coach when you look at his record overall, but at some point he just wasn't the same as he used to be.

A '67 Camaro is a sweet ******* car til the engine blows and the wheels fall off.

Really Don Matthews? Can't believe anyone would even say that....

I think I see what Spuds is saying. Ya, undeniably a great coach when you look at his record overall, but at some point he just wasn't the same as he used to be.

A '67 Camaro is a sweet ******* car til the engine blows and the wheels fall off.

yes, thank you! higgins and mathews in their prime were two of the best, no doubt.. some coaches are unable tho to change their game plans for the changes to the game (mike kelly for one, lol) i think both guys just couldnt adapt their concepts and ideas to work in the "new" cfl.. yea i know its all cycles and blah blah but I really think Higgins wouldnt have been a solution to our problems..

Really Don Matthews? Can't believe anyone would even say that....

and in the 90s and early 2000's id not have brought it up but his last few seasons in the cfl were not a pretty sight..