Higgins didn't quit or resign ?

A huge part of the problem is having Jake Ireland who was an incompetent head referee for years in the CFL reviewing plays in the CFL Command Centre. He can't even get the play right when it's slowed down & shown from 3 different angles. I mean, the NFL has its share of bad reffing as was witnessed last week in the Redskins game. I don't think we expect every play to be right but with technology the way it is now, it should be right 8 times out of 10.

he progressively got worse while in calgary,.stymied the growth of the edm team even while winning AND officiating didnt become elite so again, i state im glad he isnt here..

would any of you want don mathews here? whats his cfl record look like?

Really Don Matthews? Can't believe anyone would even say that....

I think I see what Spuds is saying. Ya, undeniably a great coach when you look at his record overall, but at some point he just wasn't the same as he used to be.

A '67 Camaro is a sweet ******* car til the engine blows and the wheels fall off.

yes, thank you! higgins and mathews in their prime were two of the best, no doubt.. some coaches are unable tho to change their game plans for the changes to the game (mike kelly for one, lol) i think both guys just couldnt adapt their concepts and ideas to work in the "new" cfl.. yea i know its all cycles and blah blah but I really think Higgins wouldnt have been a solution to our problems..

Seriously?  It's people like you that would have kicked out Ritchie because the last season in his long line of winning was just under par.  OMG HE HAD ONE SEASON THAT SUCKED GET RID OF HIM!!!!!111ONE!!!

Don is 74 and is dealing with Cancer and retirement.  So you can't really use him as an example of "would I want him here right now".  Of course not.  But 10 years ago...hell yeah.  And it has nothing to do with his last season or 2.  Same with Higgins.  The guy is only 59.  Would I want him here in some capacity.  Damn straight.

Sounds like Higgins is more than a little pissed off about how this went down:

Tom Higgins threw a flag Friday on the Canadian Football League head office for misrepresenting the circumstances surrounding his sudden departure as director of officiating.

“It was made to look like I chose to leave and that I had something to go to that was imminent,” Higgins said Friday from his home in Calgary. “And that’s not the case.

“I’m now a complete free agent.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Higgins+annoyed+notion+quit+Stampeders/9258044/story.html

he progressively got worse while in calgary,.stymied the growth of the edm team even while winning AND officiating didnt become elite so again, i state im glad he isnt here..

would any of you want don mathews here? whats his cfl record look like?

Really Don Matthews? Can't believe anyone would even say that....
I think I see what Spuds is saying. Ya, undeniably a great coach when you look at his record overall, but at some point he just wasn't the same as he used to be.

A '67 Camaro is a sweet ******* car til the engine blows and the wheels fall off.

yes, thank you! higgins and mathews in their prime were two of the best, no doubt.. some coaches are unable tho to change their game plans for the changes to the game (mike kelly for one, lol) i think both guys just couldnt adapt their concepts and ideas to work in the "new" cfl.. yea i know its all cycles and blah blah but I really think Higgins wouldnt have been a solution to our problems..

Seriously? It's people like you that would have kicked out Ritchie because the last season in his long line of winning was just under par. OMG HE HAD ONE SEASON THAT SUCKED GET RID OF HIM!!!!!111ONE!!!

Don is 74 and is dealing with Cancer and retirement. So you can't really use him as an example of "would I want him here right now". Of course not. But 10 years ago...hell yeah. And it has nothing to do with his last season or 2. Same with Higgins. The guy is only 59. Would I want him here in some capacity. Damn straight.

a) used mathews aa a reference of having "lost an edge" over the years in regards to how his last few seasons went.. id love to have 2000 mathews in a heart beat.. and no, Ritchie would have never seen the boot if i was a GM, the guy was a guru in my eyes, shitty seasons or not..

SPuDs, why do you hate Higgins so much? Two time COTY & a GC winning coach. Is it because he never coached here? Is that a prerequisite for you to actually like someone? Then he can do no wrong.

yes iso, its simply due to the fact he hasnt been a bomber before.. thats why i hate o'shea and i hated craig dickenson before he got here.. sigh.

ive explained my stand on higgins... old dog.new tricks. i dont think he evolved at the end of his coaching time prior to becoming director of officiating... he didnt evolve the reffing tbh either... same ongoing issues..

but yea, its definitely because he has no history with the bombers...

*rolls eyes*