Bombers Release Six

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have announced the following six players have been released from their roster:

• Non-import Punter Brett Cameron
  • Import Linebacker Chad Faulcon
  • Import Defensive Lineman Marcus Hyde
  • Non-Import Punter Tim Hutchison
  • Import Defensive Back Sam Pope
  • Non-Import Defensive Back Jawann Westerman

The Blue Bombers return to the practice field this morning from 10:15am-12:45pm as they prepare for their second preseason game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Thursday, June 20th.

I'm shocked that Desia Dunn is not on this list. Same with McCree, but maybe the familiarity with Crowton gives him a longer leash.

The only reason I can still see Dunn being around is that they need a DB to beat up on in practice to boost confidence.

I'm shocked that Desia Dunn is not on this list. Same with McCree, but maybe the familiarity with Crowton gives him a longer leash.

The only reason I can still see Dunn being around is that they need a DB to beat up on in practice to boost confidence.

They may see some things in Dunn that they'll try to correct in the next week perhaps.  Dunn plays special teams too and was the one that laid out the first block that sprung Massey on the returned missed field goal. Maybe that saved him for now.

If Cameron pushed Renaud to be better, then Cameron's left a positive impact on this team and thanks to him for that.  

But no one should be on this team just because they have the right last name.  The Blue Bombers have enough problems without adding a Kevin Feterik dynamic.

If we do end up holding onto Pavlopoulos as well, I really hope that they groom him to be the starter for all three kicking positions.

Sad to hear that Cameron was cut, but that doesn't mean his career is over, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Only real surpise out of all of this, is how in the world in Dunn still on the roster ?