Eastern Semi-Final - Als @ Ticats

Jacquie

Let's see..a defender makes contact on a receiver, preventing the receiver from catching the ball, in the end zone, makes no effort to look at the ball, all before the ball reaches the receiver,

Yep…PI

Sucks to be an Alouette fan right now.

But make no mistake, Montreal had chances to put away the Ti-Cats and didn't.

Who can they blame for that?

For the Als I get rid of Bo Bowling instantly... the guy is useless on returns,  has horrible hands,  fumbled the ball away right after the horrible Bruce fumble.   

Emry also didn't help the cause with his poor job of tackling allowing that TD......

I thought Troy Smith looked like the veteran out there while Burris was the rookie looking lost....  Smith is definitely a keeper and rifled some great balls against the wind that unfortunately guys like Bowling and SJ Green kept on dropping killing drives.    

I could only imagine Max Hall playing into that wind..... that would be very scary to see. 

I could only imagine Max Hall playing into that wind..... that would be very scary to see. 

I can see it now...

When we would have the wind, a good QB coach would have had Hall turn and face the wind, throw up one his passes, whereby the wind would grab it fling it downfield to a wide open receiver.

Everybody would be aghast at the sheer boldness of such a play.

We could call it our Hall Mary pass play.

People shocked at a missed call in a CFL game. Funny.

No one is shocked, just disappointed. You can clearly see that the ref saw it, but he didn't want to throw a flag on a game changing play which is a shame. If it's a penalty call it regardless of when it happens. 

Only bright side to historically poor consitency to PI calls is that if one waits long enough eventually you'll get one in your favour. This happened on Sun. 

I can recite missed calls both ancient and recent that have screwed HAM but al I can say is "what goes around comes around".

Combined with the facts of MTL turnovers, missed FGs, epic collapse on defense in 4th qtr and OT you can only feel so much "shame" in a missed call.

For the Als I get rid of Bo Bowling instantly... the guy is useless on returns,  has horrible hands,  fumbled the ball away right after the horrible Bruce fumble.   

Emry also didn't help the cause with his poor job of tackling allowing that TD......

I thought Troy Smith looked like the veteran out there while Burris was the rookie looking lost....  Smith is definitely a keeper and rifled some great balls against the wind that unfortunately guys like Bowling and SJ Green kept on dropping killing drives.    

Troy Smith looks like Warren Moon 2.0

Sure they probably should have called the PI but it would have only been 5 seconds left so would it have changed the outcome of the game really. Montreal would of kicked a field goal and went to OT.

That is probably what they would have done but let Montreal decide that.  Not up to the refs to decide.    

A penalty is a penalty,  bush league call to not enforce the rules. 

In other Eastern playoff news, the Argos have opened up seating on the upper deck of the Rogers Center due to high ticket demand.

Bluto has often said that the Argos' poor attendance is due to crappy scheduling of home games.  This is a playoff game on a Sunday afternoon against a regional rival so it'll be interesting to see just how much the Argos' attendance climbs under these more ideal circumstances ... though I wonder if Saturday would be a better day for this game because it's not against the NFL on TV and in Buffalo?

http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-to-open-additional-seating-in-500-level-for-sundays-eastern-final