Henoc announced as Most Outstanding Canadian for the East

Rich

http://www.cfl.ca/article/canadians-dominate-divisional-player-awards

Up against Jon Cornish from the West.  Does he have a chance of winning?

This year’s winners are:

Most Outstanding Player:
Jon Cornish (CGY) | Ricky Ray (TOR)

Most Outstanding Defensive Player:
Charleston Hughes (CGY) | Chip Cox (MTL)

Most Outstanding Canadian:
Jon Cornish (CGY) | Henoc Muamba (WPG)

Most Outstanding Special Teams Player:
Rene Paredes (CGY) | Marc Beswick (HAM)

Most Outstanding Rookie:
Brett Jones (CGY) | CJ Gable (HAM)

Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman:
Brendon LaBatte (SSK) | Jeff Keeping (TOR)

I am going to weep when looking at that list.  Once had Labatte and could have gotten Jones with our 2ND ROUND pick.  I used to defend mack for his drafts but I'm becoming less forgiving over time.  Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Agreed, the talent Mack passed on (in hind-sight) could have really helped our team.

Hopefully some of the picks he made this past season actually hits the field this year.

I am going to weep when looking at that list.  Once had Labatte and could have gotten Jones with our 2ND ROUND pick.  I used to defend mack for his drafts but I'm becoming less forgiving over time.  Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

don't worry too much about Jones, there were a lot of questions about whether he actually wanted to play football anyway. Plus I'd think the team was justifiably gunshy about taking an offensive lineman from Weyburn. 

It's worse than that. Remember these guys:

I am going to weep when looking at that list. Once had Labatte and could have gotten Jones with our 2ND ROUND pick. I used to defend mack for his drafts but I'm becoming less forgiving over time. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Apparently Burke said Jones told teams he would only play for Calgary. If that's not true, every team had a chance to pick him - heck Calgary picked him with their 2nd of 2 second round picks so it's not like they rushed to pick him.

It's worse than that. Remember these guys:

No kidding.  But Henoc maybe would have beaten out Beswick if not for the Winnipeg voters being charmed by Ford's two returns.  

Good for him, I think Cornish will get MOC and should win MOP over Ray.

Anybody surprised Durie wasn't the East MOC?

To me there's no way you don't give MOP to Ray. Yeah he missed games but he was just that kinda good when he played that he was the most outstanding player this year. The numbers he put up were just ridiculous. 

Listen to the Miller interview & what he thinks of Mack. Not good.

Good for him, I think Cornish will get MOC and should win MOP over Ray.

Anybody surprised Durie wasn't the East MOC?

To me there's no way you don't give MOP to Ray. Yeah he missed games but he was just that kinda good when he played that he was the most outstanding player this year. The numbers he put up were just ridiculous. 

The numbers Cornish put up were ridiculous as well & he played 17 games. I just can't see how Cornish doesn't win MOP.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/canadians-dominate-divisional-player-awards

Up against Jon Cornish from the West.  Does he have a chance of winning?

This year’s winners are:

Most Outstanding Player:

Jon Cornish (CGY) | Ricky Ray (TOR)

Most Outstanding Defensive Player:

Charleston Hughes (CGY) | Chip Cox (MTL)

Most Outstanding Canadian:

Jon Cornish (CGY) | Henoc Muamba (WPG)

Most Outstanding Rookie:

Brett Jones (CGY) | CJ Gable (HAM)

Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman:

Brendon LaBatte (SSK) | Jeff Keeping (TOR)

Well, well, well the best running back in the league got shut out... LOL!

How do you pick Ray when he missed over a third of the season? Then again Owens didn't deserve it last year as he wasn't even the MOP of his team.

Well, (sorry Bluto) but there was nothing but CFL love for the Argos just like there's nothing but CFL love for the Riders. That's why Owens won.

only 2 ints is the real impressive thing, combine that with setting a record for completion % and it's a no brainer to me. Yeah Cornish has a lot of yards but so what, he's not the only guy to get up to that kind of numbers but when was the last time you saw a td:int ratio and completion % like that? The fact that he missed games is the only thing making this close but to me no one was more outstanding than Ray.