Main Camp - Day Four Observations

Mike

Intensity rising at #Bombers workout as a fight breaks out. Looked like Alex Suber took a swing at one of the WRs

Near brawl at #Bombers camp. Punches thrown. Looked like Suber lost it. Burke punishment drill follows.

Another fight breaks out at Blue Bomber training camp. Coach Tim Burke responds by making entire team do man makers over length of field

from DCM again...

So far two fights, one appeared to be Suber and Pencer, but there were so many bodies involved. McCree and Massey went at it good. Punches appeared in both.

Markett and West both picked Hall today. Poblah had a couple nice catches. Receivers have had the better hand today.

Haven't seen Kohlert return to the field. Not sure what his injury could be or what happened.

from DCM again...

So far two fights, one appeared to be Suber and Pencer, but there were so many bodies involved. McCree and Massey went at it good. Punches appeared in both.

Markett and West both picked Hall today. Poblah had a couple nice catches. Receivers have had the better hand today.

Haven't seen Kohlert return to the field. Not sure what his injury could be or what happened.

jonah.gif

according to knuckles, fight is between 

Morley vs. Mainor  and  McCree vs Massey

2 consecutive days that Morley was involved in a fight, yesterday it was vs. Gilmore :huh:

and what,   2 receivers fighting? are they arguing among themselves who will mane the team? :D

WFP Training Camp Day 4

....The first scrap featured receivers Jameze Massey and Quintin McCree and the second began with defensive lineman Kenny Mainor swinging at offensive guard Steve Morley before Jonathan Hefney and a few others jumped into the fracas. Asked if he planned to take further disciplinary action afterward, Burke said:

"If I can see something on film as to the reason it started or if I see somebody really take a cheap shot, yeah, then I’ll do something about it," he said. "Those things get to be he said/she said kind of things so unless you really see it on film, you can’t really believe anybody."

"That was a bit excessive, what happened but it happens," said Mainor. "You’ve got to leave it, end it today, leave it where it was and not bring it back out tomorrow or any other day."

Other Day 4 news:

• The Bombers have added import linebacker Chad Faulcon (6-0, 190, Montclair State). The 23-year-old Cranford, N.J. product was a two-year starter for the Red Hawks and named the New Jersey Athletic Conference and D3 Football.com East Regions’ Defensive player of the Year. He was also named a Division III third-team All-American. All those accolades earned him a tryout with the Atlanta Falcons, but he was released prior to their main training camp. He’ll battle for work at the WILL (weak side) linebacker position
  • Burke, who called out his veteran defensive backs on Tuesday, was happy with their response since the public shot.

"The effort level has picked up," he said. "I was really happy with it yesterday, it looked like a bunch of pirhanas out there with a piece of meat. That’s the kind of defence we want. We want guys flying to the football and you won’t do it in a game if you haven’t developed the habit in practice and that’s why we harp on it so much. Yesterday and today our effort has been much better."

• RB Chris Garrett was back in action after missing the afternoon session on Tuesday, but SB Rory Kohlert pulled up lame Wednesday with a bad hamstring that will sideline him for a couple of weeks.

Problem I have with Mainor being involved in something like this that, at times last season, his play was also very undisciplined and it cost the team.  I have *ZERO* issue with intensity and emotion coming out during camp .. but I am a firm believer in "play the way you practice" and I'd rather that intensity be focused and directed.

awesome updates.. glad to hear the DBs stepped up.  Lotsa intensity with all these fights.lol.  Sucks about Kohlert. 

keep it up guys, its nice to get to see whats going on when your stuck in an office all day. 

A fight between an offencive player and a defencive player I can understand, but a fight between 2 WRs?  That's not good.

meh.  both are literally fighting for their jobs against each other.. not shocking anger could come into play.