GDT - Bombers @ Stamps - no GIF thread

Jacquie

Has apathy hit this board??? Wow, ghost town... Not hard to understand though. This loss didn't even upset me. No one else seems upset either. It's like a "Whatcha gonna do?" response. What upset me was Suitor telling the world he believes Tim Burke will be retained. That was a WTF moment with me. I'm like, would the Bombers actually be that stupid?

Has apathy hit this board??? Wow, ghost town... Not hard to understand though. This loss didn't even upset me. No one else seems upset either. It's like a "Whatcha gonna do?" response. What upset me was Suitor telling the world he believes Tim Burke will be retained. That was a WTF moment with me. I'm like, would the Bombers actually be that stupid?

Going by the past ... yes.

Well, we're all expecting a whirlwind of activity that will carry away both players and staff away from IGF property.

But will it happen according to what we, the fans see, or as others, those in charge, see it?

Do they dare fall back on the $$ excuse or will there actually be a proper purge?

Hopefully, Miller and company will get past the money issues and start off properly...with a new regime, properly vetted.

That's all we ask..and what we deserve.

if they retain burke to save money mark my words it will cost them far more money in the long run because people just won't show up.

I agree, the amount you'll pay out for the rest of Burke's contract is very small compared to the revenue lost with a non-competitive team. I would be stunned if he comes back. I've heard it argued that he was dealt a bad hand, with poor talent, no QB, and an incompetent OC. While true, no one held a gun to his head, he took the position, accepted the situation, and needs to wear this teams record on his head. He hasn't impressed me as a good head coach caught in a bad situation; he strikes me as a terrible head coach who made a bad situation worse. Even Bob Irving, one of his defenders, admitted in the post game show that it would be very difficult for the Bombers to bring him back after a season like this.

I know there's been a lot of criticism directed at Will Ford at times but you have to admit he had a hell of a game. Was anyone else peeved they didn't get him the ball more. He had 12 touches on offence for 161 yards (11 carries for 156 yards, 1 reception for 5 yards). 

Finally listening to Bob... 

Sick of Burke wanking about 'want to be more veteran as a team...' - yeah, Mack is to blame for a lot of this but I can't believe that Burke was not involved in cutting Logan and, of course, Hefney.  Ridiculous.

Burke subtly calls out the talent on his team... again.

Trade Muamba, Hall, anyone while we can still get something for them...

Can anyone give a recap of the post game show?   

Was Irving still pissed as he was earlier in the game?   

Did Burke actually have some sort of emotion,  if I was him i'd be melting down like Kavis did in the past....

Burke sounded flat, emotionless. I'm sure he's upset, but his lack of emotion comes off sounding strange. The OB commentators came off sounding more concerned than he was.