Chris Williams situation solved

Jpan85

I'm surprised the fact that Kent Austin is a notorious flake himself, yet refusing to let a player go to the NFL which is in essence a gigantic promotion isn't more of a topic. These guys have short careers that can end in instant, I definitely don't agree with the way Williams went about his business but who can blame him? He could've played out his 50K contract, blew out his ACL and his career could be over. Would the Ticats support him? Not a chance in hell. I didn't particularly like when Taman held Kyries Hebert here instead of going to the Bengals, and I don't particularly like this.

I'm definitely not wishing failure upon the guy like everyone here seems to be, its really petty IMO.

that was quick, lol. guess there is a demand for him..

Or his agent had already started negotiating before his contract situation was resolved

yea this too.. he probably had it drawn up and as soon as he was considered an FA signed on the dotted line..

He knew what he was signing. He used a loophole to get out of it. He sat almost the entire year. Fulfill his contractual obligations then go. Nope, I have no reason to cheer for him.

I've seen a CFL contract and all I will say is that if that letter was anything like a contract, I could totally buy the argument that it wasn't clear enough.

The player contracts are confusing as hell and I don't mean because they're filled with legal terminology someone like me wouldn't understand.

He knew what he was signing. He used a loophole to get out of it. He sat almost the entire year. Fulfill his contractual obligations then go. Nope, I have no reason to cheer for him.

I've seen a CFL contract and all I will say is that if that letter was anything like a contract, I could totally buy the argument that it wasn't clear enough.

The player contracts are confusing as hell and I don't mean because they're filled with legal terminology someone like me wouldn't understand.

The letter was terrible, looked like someone who had no clue how to write, nevermind write something that is supposed to meet contractual obligations.