Game 80 : @ COLlision course

34 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And 3 points behind DAL if we win and DAL loses to SEA.

With 2 games remaining. Dallas would just need 1 point to clinch first since they won the season series. If the Jets and Colorado finish same points we are 2nd cuz regardless of tomorrow we have the season series. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

With 2 games remaining. Dallas would just need 1 point to clinch first since they won the season series. If the Jets and Colorado finish same points we are 2nd cuz regardless of tomorrow we have the season series. 

The head-to-head results are actually the 4th tiebreaker. The first is wins in regulation, then regulation and OT wins, then total wins. Jets actually hold the tiebreaker over Dallas, so the Stars need 2 points to clinch first place. Jets are leading Colorado by 2 wins in the first tiebreaker, so there is no mathematical way that the Jets and Avs end up tied in points at the end of the year and the Jets lose the tiebreaker at this point. Tonight’s game is huge for both teams if they want to finish second, but bigger for Colorado not to lose, as they have less room for error in that they have to finish ahead of Winnipeg in points to claim second. Jets get there if they finish tied.

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The head-to-head results are actually the 4th tiebreaker. The first is wins in regulation, then regulation and OT wins, then total wins. 

So...regulation and OT wins...does not include shoot out wins? 

26 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

So...regulation and OT wins...does not include shoot out wins? 

No. First tiebreaker is purely regulation wins, Jets have more than any team in the NHL there with 43 (tied with Carolina). Next adds in OT wins as well, but not shootout wins. The Jets’ total of 49 is second best (tied with the Canes, only one behind the Rangers’ league leading total of 50). Third tiebreaker is total wins (this includes shootout wins as well). Only the Jets, Canucks, Flames, and Devils have yet to win a shootout contest this year. 

45 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No. First tiebreaker is purely regulation wins, Jets have more than any team in the NHL there with 43 (tied with Carolina). Next adds in OT wins as well, but not shootout wins. The Jets’ total of 49 is second best (tied with the Canes, only one behind the Rangers’ league leading total of 50). Third tiebreaker is total wins (this includes shootout wins as well). Only the Jets, Canucks, Flames, and Devils have yet to win a shootout contest this year. 

Thanks. I was scratching my head as to why the total wins and regulation / overtime wins were not the same thing

I'm a pretty casual NHL follower - don't pay that much attention.

Damn. I’m out at the lake. There was a fire in the marsh yesterday but wow 2 0 jets and AVs with zero shots? Is that right or is my phone being weird.  Says 2 shots now for Colorado. Must have been right. Crazy. 

Edited by Goalie

Little bit of love for the defensively strong undrafted cap dumb AI. Playing in his 500th nhl game. That’s seriously quite the accomplishment for any nhl player never mind a guy who wasn’t even drafted. 

34 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And now 3-0 with 2/2 power play. And before I can even type that it’s 4-0!  This is about as perfect a period as you could imagine in Colorado (knock wood) 

Sheer domination ,despite Sawyers annoying gushing........