Preseason games

Mark F

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

The panel has out grown their usefulness at this point they all think they are comedians

They're trying to be like Charles Barkley & Shaq. I'm not a Kate Bierness & Davis Sanchez fan. Both of them bring down the panel. It's always yuk, yuk, yuk with them both. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

With Dunigan sporting that heavy white beard, someone came up with a good one liner..... quote..'when I first saw Matty I didn't know whether to hug him or sit on his knee' Don't know who said it but it was good for a chuckle.....Not hilarity but at least an attempt by the panel

all I can think of every time I see him now is the "fake" Santa in Tim Allen's Santa Clause 3.....

Griffin got the plots of The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3: The  Escape Clause mixed up : r/blankies

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They're trying to be like Charles Barkley & Shaq. I'm not a Kate Bierness & Davis Sanchez fan. Both of them bring down the panel. It's always yuk, yuk, yuk with them both. 

Kate takes the panel to another level.  Sanchez though, repeats himself way too much and goes on about nothing in dome instances.  Watching him at the draft, he just repeated what Ford and Ferguson would say.

16 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I don’t really ever get the hate for announcer and panelists so i usually enjoy the broadcast instead of being upset 

the Panel is fine.

suitor is a bore.

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, Mark F said:

the Panel is fine.

suitor is a bore.

I used to like when the panel was a bit more serious and had the occasional chuckle. It’s gone too far in one direction and they just end up talking over each other too often.

It’s not the people, it’s that they’re asked to make it funny…I guess that’s their big ones to appeal to millennials.

51 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I used to like when the panel was a bit more serious and had the occasional chuckle. It’s gone too far in one direction and they just end up talking over each other too often.

It’s not the people, it’s that they’re asked to make it funny…I guess that’s their big ones to appeal to millennials.

100% this. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

used to like when the panel was a bit more serious a

When LaPolice was on the panel, he had a few minutes to explain X and O s. I think someone else did it. I like that stuff, but my impression is that most people Are not interested. Americans have next to  none. All about character issues, and where will X y z player end up. Good morning football, nfl morning tv show might be the model. Handwaving, yelling, jumping out of the chair, and funny hats. Bad.

probably the most interest with the young folk is in gambling.

but not much to talk about there with such a small league.

I do not know how much market research tsn does, they seem to be squeezing the thing for every dime, so,probably not enough.

anybody ever learn why 1290 was shut down?

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

When LaPolice was on the panel, he had a few minutes to explain X and O s. I think someone else did it. I like that stuff, but my impression is that most people Are not interested. Americans have next to  none. All about character issues, and where will X y z player end up.

probably the most interest with the young folk is in gambling.

but not much to talk about there with such a small league.

I do mot know how much market research tsn does, they seem to be squeezing the thing for every dime, so,probably not enough.

I didn't like the way Lapo did it either - need something like what DT did on his segment.

They have these segments that generate interest, but then the person moves on and they never replace it.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I don’t really ever get the hate for announcer and panelists so i usually enjoy the broadcast instead of being upset 

We're not upset. Just discussing.

31 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I didn't like the way Lapo did it either - need something like what DT did on his segment.

They have these segments that generate interest, but then the person moves on and they never replace it.

Typical TSN. We've been dealing with it as an audience for 25 years. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Kate takes the panel to another level.  Sanchez though, repeats himself way too much and goes on about nothing in dome instances.  Watching him at the draft, he just repeated what Ford and Ferguson would say.

Just what level does she take it too? It sure ain't up. I'm not going to give Bierness a pass because she's a woman & we must be nice when talking about her. I think she isn't that good & the panel suffers because of it. James Duthie & Rod Smith were much better moderators. Things seems to have gone south, especially with the addition of Sanchez who brings very little to the table as a panel member. He's like Suitor who  may say a lot but really has nothing to say. 

Randorf was probably my favourite host of the panel. Randorf with Climie, Dunigan and Schultz was the best one they've had, I think. 

Here's what I know about browdcasts: it all boils down to personal taste. There can be 10 people in a room watching/listening and they can have 10 different opinions on the broadcast. You have to do your best to hit the audience you are trying to reach, but you'll never please everyone. 

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Beirness has major Jay and Dan FOMO.

She wants to be it but she doesn't have it so it's all just painfully awkward unfunny garbage.

CFL on TSN needs a host.

I'm not sure it's that she's trying to be it so much as it's the producers telling her to try and be that. But overall I don't disagree with what you're saying. I didn't find the Jay and Dan stuff funny at all and don't love when the panel does that stuff either. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure it's that she's trying to be it so much as it's the producers telling her to try and be that. But overall I don't disagree with what you're saying. I didn't find the Jay and Dan stuff funny at all and don't love when the panel does that stuff either. 

Yeah I liked the podcast stuff and eventually when they had sort of the Jay and Dan (now just Jay) version of Sportscentre along with the more typical version.

The whole issue for me is that the sports are the star of the show.  Yeah you need presenters to read the highlights/intro the panel and they need some personality but it's a pretty fine line before it's just attention seeking nonsense.

If someone like Beirness wants to be a star find an open mic night somewhere or get one of the ESPN/Landsberg type shows where the hosts are the focal point.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One of the best hosts around who has some personality but can keep the focus on the product is actually Rod Black.

Terrible at Play-by-Play but great host and naturally funny.

I feel the exact opposite, lol.

Goes to what Noeller said about taste.

Bierness reminds me of a former female claims supervisor I had when I was an adjuster here in Calgary back in the early 90's. I didn't care much for her either so maybe that's why I don't like Bierness on the panel. Back then, 30 years ago, the insurance business was 90% men in supervisory, middle & upper management. It was tough for a woman to break into that clique, I'll admit. So, what did my super do? She tried too hard being one of the boys. I get the same impression that Bierness is doing the same thing. Trying too hard to be one of the boys on the panel. It's not working. Yeah, I forgot about Randorf but he's at Sportsnet doing hockey.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One of the best hosts around who has some personality but can keep the focus on the product is actually Rod Black.

Terrible at Play-by-Play but great host and naturally funny.

That is where he always should have been. An in studio host which would have suited his strengths. Instead they stuck him in the booth. He never improved. He just stagnated for two decades. How was that even possible?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Actually goofy rod black would prob be a good host...for all his odd and sometimes out to lunch comments and totally missing things...I think if he was to just moderate the group they'd be more on point

Walby woukd be a great guy on the panel...or doing a weekly segment of some kind...

Dunnigan and walby...laughs for days....actual real insight and both are good at analyzing things...and relating to it

The CFL should have those 2 do a weekly 30 min show...interviews with players on football and non football stuff...some on location stuff where the player spends off season...stuff like that the engage fans of all walks

Just now, Booch said:

Dunnigan and walby...laughs for days....actual real insight and both are good at analyzing things...and relating to it

The CFL should have those 2 do a weekly 30 min show...interviews with players on football and non football stuff...some on location stuff where the player spends off season...stuff like that the engage fans of all walks

That is a great idea that we know will never happen. 

Sadly I I know....I should tell Chris to look into it...I bet he would love something like that...do them all pre-recorded when they able too...even to have him remote talking with the panel on game nights would be a total score...