Around The NHL 2021/22

Mike bossy died of lung cancer. 

Guy has lung cancer 

Habs fans are worried because bossy died 

So the prices for Arizona games have been released for next season 

Think Jets charge lots? 

5000 seat arena. 

It will be half empty with those prices.

I'm not sure how to insert the photo but it's out there in internet Land for those who can 

$110 is cheapest 

$445 most expensive 

Per game 

Edited by Goalie

They all smoked, some of them smoked a pack a game. Yes bossy and guy smoked like chimneys 

They chain smoked all intermission 

My uncle knew some old old Jets..  Alexei Zhannov smoked like a pack a game between periods. 

They all did back then. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Guy used to smoke on the bench. They all did. 

Famous photo of derek sanderson with a cigarette, in the locker room.

I Also think a lot  of the players in those days boozed it up.

I watched hockey a lot on the sixties ;   till five or ten years ago,  I thought some of those teams could play against modern teams.

wrong.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

ugh who in their right mind in the NHL would smoke? why would any pro athlete smoke? 

well sadly Guy is gone now (see the RIP thread)

Cuz back then.... there were no snowflakes or woke culture to tell ppl what is good and isn't good for them . Concussions were just headaches. There were no Facebook or Twitter or tik tok or morningbigblue.com to post on. People were actually allowed to do what they wanted and nobody would Care because it didn't effect them directly 

Karen's didn't exist. 

Ya disagree all you want. It's all facts. Facts don't give a **** about people's feelings. 

Edited by Goalie

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

nobody would Care because it didn't effect them directly 

1. Everything everyone does affects everyone. How much treating la fleur cancer cost the public health care system? A few million?

Takes money away from treatment for sick people who did nothing to bring about their illness. 

2. "Not caring" is generally, not a good thing.

3.  If your parent or sibling has brain damage, it affects you too. It also affects everyone, cause it costs society a fortune to deal with this kind of problem.

4. A concussion is permanent brain damage. One concussion.

5. if the above is "woke" I am happy to be "woke".

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Austin Matthews hits 60 goals!  First player since Stamkos in 2011-2012.  Oddly enough Stamkos scored his 60th against the Jets.

Big milestone.  I hate the Leafs but gotta give credit where it's due. Congrats Mr. Matthews!

First American player to net 60 as well.  The Leafs (and more importantly, their fans) can eat a bag of d**ks but it is impressive.