Around The NHL 2021/22

Arizona Coyotes have not made 1 thin dime since they moved there, their TV ratings don't exist and the people that go to the Arena in Glendale generally cheer for the visiting team, but the NHL just won't give up as long as their are cities in Arizona willing to spend monies to keep the team there.

17 hours ago, JCon said:

It's been almost 30 years. 

The Jets should have stayed in Winnipeg knowing how moribund financially this team has been since leaving Winnipeg. We'd have been watching the Jets in an 18,000 seat building at The Forks. I had made a committment to buy season tickets along with four of my friends back in 1995. I saw the plans for the building when I went to the Forks to buy season tickets. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Jets should have stayed in Winnipeg knowing how moribund financially this team has been since leaving Winnipeg. We'd have been watching the Jets in an 18,000 seat building at The Forks. I had made a committment to buy season tickets along with four of my friends back in 1995. I saw the plans for the building when I went to the Forks to buy season tickets. 

There was no salary cap and revenue sharing when the Jets left.    The economics didn’t make sense at the time and no one was willing to step up and lose a bunch of money to pay for the losses. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Instead you chose to line the pockets of Thompson Dorfman Sweatman :P

4 hours ago, Rich said:

There was no salary cap and revenue sharing when the Jets left.    The economics didn’t make sense at the time and no one was willing to step up and lose a bunch of money to pay for the losses. 

^ This. It's near impossible for a Canuck team to win the cup now. Imagine the year the Rangers won and for the next 10 with no cap. 

Same with the Expos in MTL. Why watch a team that has no chance to win...ever!

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

^ This. It's near impossible for a Canuck team to win the cup now. Imagine the year the Rangers won and for the next 10 with no cap. 

Same with the Expos in MTL. Why watch a team that has no chance to win...ever!

You're a huge Jets fan. What you're saying is you won't support then anymore? 

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

No, I got my money back in full after donating to the Save Our Jets campaign in 1995. As far as season tickets go in the new arena, the project wasn't approved by City Council yet. So, tickets actually weren't for sale yet. Sadly, the City waited too long & dragged everything out when it came to the new building. They approved building a new arena for the Jets a day before then owner Barry Shenkarow announced the team was leaving for Phoenix. He had already sold the team. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, I got my money back in full after donating to the Save Our Jets campaign in 1995. As far as season tickets go in the new arena, the project wasn't approved by City Council yet. So, tickets actually weren't for sale yet. Sadly, the City waited too long & dragged everything out when it came to the new building. They approved building a new arena for the Jets a day before then owner Barry Shenkarow announced the team was leaving for Phoenix. He had already sold the team. 

Pretty sure that T,D&S got some cash for being involved though.

Cassidy would be a great fit here. Not sure why Trotz would wanna go to Boston tho. If rumors are true he wants to coach for a year or 2 more and then transition to management.  Winnipeg actually makes the most sense for Trotz as rumors are the Jets are willing to give Trotz what he wants. Apparently no other team is willing to let him transition to management 

As bad as some ppl think the Jets are, they missed the playoffs by like 7 8 points and had a coach quit on them, covid related issues,  helle just being average and the players not listening to Lowry. Jets aren't as bad as ppl think. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2022-06-06 at 8:05 PM, Goalie said:

As bad as some ppl think the Jets are, they missed the playoffs by like 7 8 points and had a coach quit on them, covid related issues,  helle just being average and the players not listening to Lowry. Jets aren't as bad as ppl think. 

None of that is good. 

Chevy said a coach doesn't need to be in place by the draft but a decision would be nice by then I'm sure. 

The Facebook page really is just a guy who created a page, like you or I do on here, so I wouldn't make much of his or hers comments 

Edited by Goalie

25 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I thought Trotz himself said he would not make a decision on any team until the playoffs were done. 

Well the playoffs are over in about 2 weeks. Is that enuf time for Trotz to talk to the other 15 teams that have offered him a job :P

Not gonna hear anything concrete today... don't think the nhl likes announcements on game 1 of cup finals day so Thursday more than likely.  

Trotz told Philly no yesterday. The transition to management Is a big deal for him and Jets are only team offering that.