2021 CFL Entry Draft

Noeller

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is it on TSN?

The first 2 rounds will be on TSN. 

The CFL Draft kicks off Tuesday night at 7 p.m. on TSN1 and TSN3 (TSN4 will join at 7:30 p.m. ET) as all nine CFL teams zero in on the country’s top amateur talent.

TSN will have the first two hours of the draft and after that, turn your attention to CFL.ca’s Official Draft Tracker and CFL Social (@CFL) to follow along with the subsequent rounds.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

Those guys don't follow the incoming players at all. They wouldn't have a clue. I'd take one from Lalji and Forde, tho.... Actual professional broadcasters (no ******* bloggers) talking about something they actually know about. 

Thats true, forde is pretty good. 

final installment from Our Man Tait: 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/05/03/2021-draft-preview-part-3/

It's as close to Game Day: We All Play as we've had in a long time, and might be another long while yet....... so I'm gonna do 'er up right today. Let's go Blue!!!

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

final installment from Our Man Tait: 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/05/03/2021-draft-preview-part-3/

It's as close to Game Day: We All Play as we've had in a long time, and might be another long while yet....... so I'm gonna do 'er up right today. Let's go Blue!!!

Walters says our 6th round pick lber kyle rodger, and 8th rounder db Bleska Kambamba have moved on from football and arent expected to be signed. 

Rider fans are convinced that they will take Lokombo. A few believe that they have a lot of depth at oline, which does not make sense. Most seem happy to draft local talent, although Lokombo is not exactly local.. I certainly feel the draw to draft local talent. 

Anyhow, if they do, we'll get our choice of OL. Not a bad position to be in. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Curious why we would take an OL at 3 who just signed an FA deal with Seattle unless its a quasi futures pick. Lol at Rider fans feeling they have depth.

I think for the same reason we took Geoff Gray that high....risk is worth the reward.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Curious why we would take an OL at 3 who just signed an FA deal with Seattle unless its a quasi futures pick. Lol at Rider fans feeling they have depth.

Futures pick, I'm guessing? Might not be a bad idea, as we have some National depth right now on the line. 

Not all Rider fans, I should add, but they're convinced that they do and no one refuted them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see us selecting an offensive lineman with our first round pick. Walters typically like to draft an offensive lineman every year with a higher pick. We didn't take a single offensive lineman in the 2020 draft so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we drafted the best available lineman with our first round pick this year. 

I could also see us picking up the rights to Chuba Hubbard later down in the draft because this team is dedicated to a Canadian runningback and i think there's a high probability that he washes out of the nfl a few years from now without a big payday. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Im takin that bet!

ya buddy... Derek Taylor was hyping it up on Twitter, and I jumped on it. I was sad they max out at a $24 wager, but hey, $650 is $650....

27 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I just signed up with Bodog a little while ago...and hadn't used my credit(match) when you sign up. So it's an even better bet for me. $12 - $650!

Just signed up too. I think we are going defense or maybe even wr. I don't see us going ol with a high pick. Worth it to risk it for the biscuit. Hladik to ssk is the same odds and tempting but i don't think they'd take him over the local boy. 

Edited by wbbfan

42 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Just signed up too. I think we are going defense or maybe even wr. I don't see us going ol with a high pick. Worth it to risk it for the biscuit. Hladik to ssk is the same odds and tempting but i don't think they'd take him over the local boy. 

I dont think we fake anyone who will be in camp. Too much $$ for what the team needs....which isn't a starter. I can see a futures pick or a DL.

Lokombo to Ssk is fantastic! They'll be playing a lot of D this year lol.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I dont think we fake anyone who will be in camp. Too much $$ for what the team needs....which isn't a starter. I can see a futures pick or a DL.

Lokombo to Ssk is fantastic! They'll be playing a lot of D this year lol.

Ive been wondering about that. IDk how tight we are. Since our prized off season pick up retired we didnt re spend that money. But we might be hoarding that cash as we like to do for mid season pick ups. I think any starter would be a reach and a cheaper guy to sign. 

Not surprised, we will see how he looks covering imp wrs.