2019 Redo - Week 11 Aug 23 - Blue Bombers at Elks

JCon

Week 11 features the Bombers (7-2) at the Elks (6-3)

Storylines Bombers  coming off back to back wins against the Stamps and the Lions. 

After Nichols gets injured, it's Streveler time. How will this unfold? 

Andrew Harris is suspended for positive PED test. 

Told that the Elks are for real and we're finally being tested. 

Ed Tait's preview: https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/08/22/game-preview-wpg-edm-4/

I'm having troubles finding a YouTube stream. 

If you can find a stream, let me know, please 

WEEK OF GAME THREAD:

I strongly recommend scanning this thread. There was a lot going on and we were definitely the underdogs on paper that week. 

ORIGINAL GAME DAY THREAD: 

Edited by JCon

They weren't the Elks a year ago & still don't have that name. Therefore they aren't the Elks. They were the Eskimos & that is what I'm still going to call them when dealing in the past tense like past games or former players. Going forward from this point on they will be called something else & I'll have no problem doing that. For me, any reference to Edmonton's team name will still be the Eskimos from 2019 & back to 1949 when the team was formed because that was their name. Of course, the best way to get around that is to just call them Edmonton. As in, Edmonton vs Winnipeg. Or Winnipeg @ Edmonton. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They weren't the Elks a year ago & still don't have that name. Therefore they aren't the Elks. They were the Eskimos & that is what I'm still going to call them when dealing in the past tense like past games or former players. Going forward from this point on they will be called something else & I'll have no problem doing that. For me, any reference to Edmonton's team name will still be the Eskimos from 2019 & back to 1949 when the team was formed because that was their name. Of course, the best way to get around that is to just call them Edmonton. As in, Edmonton vs Winnipeg. Or Winnipeg @ Edmonton. 

Call them whatever you want. 

I have almost every win from last year on my PVR. Have watched them regularly since the season was supposed to start. The last week or so, I decided to watch that magical run of Collaros games again. So much fun. I have also been working on the 2007 season, which has been a lot of fun.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's pretty lame the CFL website doesn't have an archive available for previous games over the years, especially now that a 2020 season isn't going to happen.

I know TSN missed a golden opportunity by not airing 2019 games all year long in the corresponding weeks this year. 
I’m not sure which week’s games would have been played but I would have tuned in like 40 bears, starting tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I know TSN missed a golden opportunity by not airing 2019 games all year long in the corresponding weeks this year. 
I’m not sure which week’s games would have been played but I would have tuned in like 40 bears, starting tomorrow. 

I wonder about the economics of this? How much would it cost them to rerun them and the offsetting revenue? It must not have made sense because they could certainly do this now for the Labour Day games going forward if it made financial sense. 

TSN certainly broadcast a lot of games this spring/summer. 

I would certainly enjoy watching last year's Labour Day game without the smell of Rider fans around me. Hated the ending but still...

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It's unfortunate that they don't own the rights to all of the old broadcast games because it would of been nice if they aired classic games from over the years. 

I would bet that TSN would get a good audience for re-broadcasting 2019 games. If I worked for them, I would surely propose it.

Thursday, they could overtake ‘Overdrive’ (expert analysis of the day’s biggest sports stories), 
Friday and Saturday, they have plenty of room, especially with doubled up coverage.

For instance, they’re showing the Western Final again (second or third time?) on Friday, but at 2:30 Eastern time. I know they’ve shown it on July 3rd because they list that date as the original air date.
So that’s a space filler example.
If they advertised it properly, they’d get the audience.

As to the contract with the CFL? I’m sure there’d be no problem..

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Jesus, late august and we were still rolling out Fenner, Gaitor, and Hecht? I don't remember that!

We had a rough week. Everyone got injured and missed practice time. Even Harris hurt himself, although later wanted returned to the practice but MOS kept him out. 

Look at the O-line. That's pretty thin. 

Nichols had played his last game and we ran with two QBs. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

We had a rough week. Everyone got injured and missed practice time. Even Harris hurt himself, although later wanted returned to the practice but MOS kept him out. 

Look at the O-line. That's pretty thin. 

Nichols had played his last game and we ran with two QBs. 

Man, at this rate were never going to win the cup.

Not my earliest Bomber memory or my first game, but I became a life long Bomber fan when I was 9 or 10 in '66 or' 67. My team was invited to play at half time of a game because we'd been city champs the year before. 1 quarter, sideline to sideline instead of the full field. 6 teams competing at once.

Nothing like making a play and hearing the crowd from the field and I made one. Sure it was probably only family and friends in the stands at half time, but still a big thrill for me. I'll never forget running on to the field or when we had to go back to our end zone seats at the end of the half. I was hooked then and I'm still hooked now.