The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is every indication that most of the right-wing adherents have no interest in anything except complete compliance with their agendas. Wooing them is a waste of time, money and energy.

There are moderate PC voters. They swing when they think the NPD are capable of governing from the middle.  But, they jump as soon as the PCs are competitive. 

It's not my wish to split the middle-right, middle and middle-left vote but I think you could build a competitive, middle party alternative. The NDP operated in the middle under Doer. 

Edited by JCon

On 2021-08-31 at 5:09 PM, Goalie said:

Gonna be real with you as Brian is a family acquaintance.  I don't think Coward is the word... I think being forced out because of covid would be more fair. Listen, BP definitely didn't always listen to the doctors advice and wanted to keep things going forward.. he ****** up.. he knows it.. we know it.. his party knows it. 

It's no coincidence that he leaves and 2 women, let's be honest it's gonna be Stefanson winning the PC vote throw their names in. Politics 101... sacrifice the leader and throw him under the bus. 

This is what's happened. Coward? Nah.. he's a down to earth guy really.. pressure? Damn rights. Due to his handling of covid and political. PCs want to win in 2023 or whenever our provincial election is... they wouldn't with pallister.  Likely will with Stefanson

Agreed and I would go even further. I would suggest the powers that be within the inner circle have had a talk with him. If he stays till the end the memory of him will be fresh in the voters mind. If he leaves now the new leader has a chance to put up some new wall paper and splash some paint around to freshen things up and they have a shot at getting elected. If he stays to the end,  that's  not going to happen. It's got nothing to do with cowardice. 

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/new-tenant-found-for-esplanade-riel-bridge-1.5577532

Pending approval from the Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development, Heritage and Downtown Development MTA plans invest $240,000 renovating the building over the first two years of the lease and create the Technology Commercialization Hall of Fame.

Sigh....we will never get that McDonalds at this rate.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/new-tenant-found-for-esplanade-riel-bridge-1.5577532

Pending approval from the Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development, Heritage and Downtown Development MTA plans invest $240,000 renovating the building over the first two years of the lease and create the Technology Commercialization Hall of Fame.

Sigh....we will never get that McDonalds at this rate.

Oooh,,,a Technology Commercialization Hall of Fame....sounds like a real bodice ripper.

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

well let's hope that Pfizer is successful with the kids vaccine so that they can have their events back 

https://www.iheartradio.ca/bounce/winnipeg/2021-winnipeg-santa-claus-parade-cancelled-1.16082225

Pffft...false God. 

Pretty early to cancel it. Just watch Winkler/Morden/Steinbach promote theirs. Probably send all the Winnipeg parade people there.