Blue DBs Get Second Warning

I love Burkes attitude as a head coach. No bullshit, just play your asses off and everything will work out. Really hope it translates into a better record this year. There were some concerns when he took over last year, but hopefully with him being able to put his stamp on the team from the get go everyone buys in.

These are the coaches that I love to have on my team.. Its nice to have a players coach but then the clubhouse mentality sets in.. Burkes no nonsense attitude is awesome. 

kelowna beat me to it, while it doesn't sound good, love that Burke clearly isn't messing around. I wonder if the cuts were to happen who they would be.

Yeah I noticed that as well, I thought he was in line for the SAM postion, I guess this has to do with the WIL position now being the "nickelback" spot.

It's the sam that they've renamed "nickleback". Washington is the guy behind Hefney who's pushing him for his spot. Burke has said as much.

I saw a TSN article that said Washington is penciled in as the wil lb. Parker is the guy who's currently #1 on the depth chart at wil, or at least he was practicing with the #1 unit at that spot.

According to Penton on Twitter, sounds like it's Hefney that is in major trouble.  Not sure why.  Also - if he is just goofing off out there, not sure why he thinks that he can just get away with that.  Perhaps he thinks this TC is like all others?

I don't think that should be a surprise to anyone. Hefney has always been a bit like that... before he was just so good that it didn't matter. If his performance is slipping it's no wonder he'd be in trouble. People always piled on Johnson last year for a bad attitude but I think that was a load of crap. Johnson will put in the effort he needs to, he's just arrogant, which is to be expected but if there was one guy was going to get lazy in that secondary I always felt it would be Hefney.

It's the sam that they've renamed "nickleback". Washington is the guy behind Hefney who's pushing him for his spot. Burke has said as much.

I saw a TSN article that said Washington is penciled in as the wil lb. Parker is the guy who's currently #1 on the depth chart at wil, or at least he was practicing with the #1 unit at that spot.

Good to know, thought it was the other way around.

How would people feel if Hefney was cut?/

teams that need DBs like Hamilton (and maybe even us due to injuries and retirements) might bring him in if you do.

(plus, the team can do the ol' steal the playbook move)

How would people feel if Hefney was cut?/

A lot of people would rage in an epic way. You think Mack is unpopular now the shitstorm that would cause would be a sight to behold... but I personally would be ok because I trust that if they say he's not good enough or not showing the required effort that there's a good replacement who will put in the effort. You remember how people reacted to Clint Kent being cut? Turn that up to 11 and that's the reaction if Hefney got the boot because he is a name and he's popular.

A lot of people would rage in an epic way. You think Mack is unpopular now the shitstorm that would cause would be a sight to behold... but I personally would be ok because I trust that if they say he's not good enough or not showing the required effort that there's a good replacement who will put in the effort. You remember how people reacted to Clint Kent being cut? Turn that up to 11 and that's the reaction if Hefney got the boot because he is a name and he's popular.

I don't think they should cut Hefney out-right, but if he's dogging it and not bringing it then at least put him on the 46 man and make him sit and think about his bad attitude and lack of effort for awhile, and see if THAT finally wakes him up.

I'd be fine with Hefney getting cut.  His play has dropped a lot (in fairness, the whole team dropped last year) but I will always remember Stewart and Hefney getting into a shouting match about Hef not subbing in for part of the special teams practice.

If anything Hefney would be traded, not released but I doubt either will happen.

if you were an opposing GM and Mack called you (lol, yeah right) to trade Hefney, would you give up an asset, or just wait for his inevitable release?

...because he wouldn't release him? It's not like he would have no trade value during the season so why would it make a difference now?

the point is though, if a GM is shopping a veteran, it's unlikely he'll be keeping him.

anyway, how certain are we that Hefney is in the doghouse?

I don't necessarily disagree but if Arland Bruce can can be traded at any point in the season, Hefney would at least fetch a pick or two I figure.

As for your question, this is all based on a tweet by Penton and I thought his logic to get to that conclusion was rather weak. If anything it seems like a motivational tactic by Burke.

I don't necessarily disagree but if Arland Bruce can can be traded at any point in the season, Hefney would at least fetch a pick or two I figure.

As for your question, this is all based on a tweet by Penton and I thought his logic to get to that conclusion was rather weak. If anything it seems like a motivational tactic by Burke.

if Mack could do that, i'd be impressed.