I started playing because my best friend played. We played at Deer Lodge. 

When I was in Junior High, I played out of Charleswood, who would let me practice daily after school, which was right next door. ;) 

I was lucky enough to practice next to Jeff Stoughton and his team many times. I also played a bit with Kelly Scott (nee Mackenzie) when she was on the Provincial winning team. Great atmosphere and environment to encourage young curlers. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not really a miracle...she's been better than both teams all year. Top 3 teams in Canada: Fleury -- Einar -- Jones. Kerri's been due for awhile...nice to see her break through. 

Yeah, it's not the new brushes (they all have to use the exact same ones now) but the new WAY of brushing. It's called "Directional Sweeping", and it really does work. They can actually sweep it to cu

That is the coolest thing about curling, that as a recreational player any given day you could practice next to, or even play against, the best in the world.

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

I started playing because my best friend played. We played at Deer Lodge. 

When I was in Junior High, I played out of Charleswood, who would let me practice daily after school, which was right next door. ;) 

I was lucky enough to practice next to Jeff Stoughton and his team many times. I also played a bit with Kelly Scott (nee Mackenzie) when she was on the Provincial winning team. Great atmosphere and environment to encourage young curlers. 

That is the coolest thing about curling, that as a recreational player any given day you could practice next to, or even play against, the best in the world.