Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Curling

Why not kickoff a new curling thread with this story.  

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/curling/curling-team-ejected-extremely-drunk-1.4910869

The curling foursome of Jamie Koe, Ryan Fry, Chris Schille, and DJ Kidby was kicked out of the Red Deer Curling Classic on Sunday for "unacceptable behaviour" that included being "extremely drunk."

The four were ejected from the World Curling Tour event and forced to forfeit their final match.

Schille and Kidby have been kicked out of at least one Sask Provincials for similar conduct (not necessarily drunk, but raging angry and abuse of officials), and Koe is notorious for his drinking, and even promotes his "legend" via his Twitter account. Fry, I think, is just a moron. There are some sketchy stories from his time skipping teams on the MCT circuit in the early 2000s. All of this is to say that none of it is even the least bit surprising, but extremely sad for Fry, who is not only an Olympian, but a MAJOR spokesperson for the World Curling Tour, the Canadian Curling Association, and all of their major sponsors (including Pinty's, where he's quite literally a poster boy).

I've done a LOT of stupid **** at curling bonspiels over the years....but I can't even comprehend this.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You can curl drunk, hell I've lost to guys too drunk to stand up and hold the broom, but you don't act like assholes while doing it. 

Fun drunks, not angry drunks. 

This was not a rec curling match, this was a World Curling Tour event. These are semi-professionals. That whole team should be ashamed of themselves. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You're saying the albetan ****** it up for em?

I'm doing my best to be polite about it, but she's the weak link on that team. Birchard should be the third and find someone else to play front end.