Riders @ Als: can the birds muster an upset?

USABomberfan

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Manziel looks like he's starting to figure the CFL game out. He's starting to not out think himself, being comfortable & not being an automaton. He was letting his athletic ability make plays. 

I really think he has the potential to do well here (in the CFL) he just needs a whole lot of help which he just doesn’t have there.

Edited by Dragon37

Just now, Mark H. said:

A decent OL and a coach that can reign him in a bit. 

I think an OC does the opposite. Instead of reigning him in you let him be creative like Doug Flutie was. Design an offense around his strengths, his scrambling ability & his ability to run which isn't just throwing from the pocket. So you roll him out or move the pocket around. Good example was the athletic move he put on the Sask DL where he evaded the rush & threw his second TD pass of the game. That is what Manziel does best. 

Just now, USABomberfan said:

Smh, Montreal you disappoint me letting this fake Riders team win.

Rich Stubler was an outstanding DC up to when he was with the Stamps. But he's in his 70's now. For whatever reason when his defense had to make a stop then they couldn't do it. That D of his didn't look good when they had to stop the Riders but didn't. 

7 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Must have been luck I guess eh?

Luck? No, the Riders made plays to win. They were prepared. Plus the Als defensive personnel aren't as good as we may have thought they were with older players like Chip Cox & John Bowman starting. Cox is 35. Bowman 36. Luck had nothing to do with it.  Your Riders are a better team. But we're talking Als here & not the Stamps. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

You can suggest that last 6 of 7 wins is still luck??? While I agree the riders aren’t perfect. They rarely have all 3 phases of the game play badly at the same time. Zach does enough to win. 

Yeah. It's ok though, reality will punch them in the mouth soon with a quick exit from the playoffs. 

riders Suck 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Luck? No, the Riders made plays to win. They were prepared. Plus the Als personnel aren't as good as we may have thought they were with older players like Chip Cox & John Bowman starting. Cox is 35. Bowman 36. Luck had nothing to do with it.  Your Riders are a better team. But we're talking Als here & not the Stamps. 

Collaros took a beating. He's lucky he wasn't banged up worse than he was. I'll give him credit for standing in there and passing for nearly 400 yards. I'll also admit to being a bit jealous of some of their receivers who made some great catches today.

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rich Stubler was an outstanding DC up to when he was with the Stamps. But he's in his 70's now. For whatever reason when his defense had to make a stop then they couldn't do it. That D of his didn't look good when they had to stop the Riders but didn't. 

The game has absolutely changed - leaving him, Hall and to some extent Benevides behind...  Bend don't break is much harder with the new rules against DB contact - DBs run their asses off in games now... too tired by the end

That and all of Montreal's secondary is probably really enjoying downtown Montreal this season...

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stubler on the side lines always looks like he's two minutes away from a massive coronary.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah. It's ok though, reality will punch them in the mouth soon with a quick exit from the playoffs.  

This is what I heard about the Vegas Golden Knights all last year.  I honestly think the Riders are pretty good and will hard to beat.  They may give the Stamps a run in the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This is what I heard about the Vegas Golden Knights all last year.  I honestly think the Riders are pretty good and will hard to beat.  They may give the Stamps a run in the playoffs.

Not a lot of faith in our squad even though we just cut Edmonton a new one last night?

55 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Not a lot of faith in our squad even though we just cut Edmonton a new one last night?

Not a lot of faith?  This is a 45 year Bomber fan you are talking to here.  I would have gone insane by now without some form of faith.  Our offence scares me.  If our D can turn in that kind of effort every game then I think our only hope is to pull off a Tom Burgess type Grey Cup win like in 1990.  Great D, and an O that doesn't do much, but also doesn't make mistakes and cost us games.

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not a lot of faith?  This is a 45 year Bomber fan you are talking to here.  I would have gone insane by now without some form of faith.  Our offence scares me.  If our D can turn in that kind of effort every game then I think our only hope is to pull off a Tom Burgess type Grey Cup win like in 1990.  Great D, and an O that doesn't do much, but also doesn't make mistakes and cost us games.

I have no idea why we aren't bringing in players at the WR position to challenge who we have now. It's crazy how we just stand pat doing nothing year after year. 

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It wouldn’t be too much of a surprise to see the Riders lose their next 4 games..Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary and BC.

As much as I'd like to smack them in the mouth the thought of losing all 3 to them is almost too much to bear.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Stubler on the side lines always looks like he's two minutes away from a massive coronary.

I'd laugh but Stubler and I share a similar physiology and I wouldn't want to tempt the gods. :-(