Some observations

Booch

10 hours ago, TheSource said:

Yeah, but if you are going to bet, Bombers and Calgary are now both looking for a rebound game, and one of them has to lose, probably decisively.

I would not put money on an angry and motivated Calgary playing poorly two games in a row.

On the other hand, Bombers have shown that they are always capable of stringing big losses together - they have made a living doing so for almost 15 years now.

Cool you shouldn't even bother watching the game then...

21 hours ago, Floyd said:

You have to be a Riders fan...

Three games against the Riders is probably 2-1 for bombers...

Bombers won't lose to Montreal so that's 3-1

Then Esks (x2), Calgary and RBs - let's say 2-2 or even 1-3... still end up 9-9 and that's playoffs

A Riders fan?  That is your excuse.  9-9 is good?  You think THIS team at 9-9 would be in good shape?

Thanks for the life lesson as this is my first year following the CFL and the Bombers. 😉

19 hours ago, Mark F said:

Not quite as good as "they are who we thought they were" , but still one of my all time favourite coach quotes.

AMEN.  I looked that up and almost posted it.  The playoffs video just sounded right for this post.  But, Dennis Green's (right?) rant was THE best ever.  If the Bombers lose to the Stamps, maybe that should be posted???

2 hours ago, DougR said:

A Riders fan?  That is your excuse.  9-9 is good?  You think THIS team at 9-9 would be in good shape?

Thanks for the life lesson as this is my first year following the CFL and the Bombers. 😉

I'm not sure that 9&9 is a season that will save the jobs of some Bomber coaches. I sure as heck would not say that is a successful season, particularly when the same problems that have bedeviled the team for years hamstrung the team again.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

I'm not sure that 9&9 is a season that will save the jobs of some Bomber coaches. I sure as heck would not say that is a successful season, particularly when the same problems that have bedeviled the team for years hamstrung the team again.

I am definitely for the saving of jobs of the Bomber's coaches.  

I just think this team needs a better record.  Well, as they say south of the border, it is what it is. 😉  GO Tiger-Cats and Lions this weekend, along with our Bombers.  I am just thinking of the Bomber's potential for placement in the upcoming playoffs. 

This is the CFL not the NFL, how you play in the early season really doesn't matter, it's how you play late in the year and you don't need to worry about building a big record early, just be playing well in the fall. 

Too many people get too hung up on what happens in one single week round these parts. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

This is the CFL not the NFL, how you play in the early season really doesn't matter, it's how you play late in the year and you don't need to worry about building a big record early, just be playing well in the fall. 

Too many people get too hung up on what happens in one single week round these parts. 

Exactly. And the last 2 Grey Cup champs having records of 9-9 and 8-9-1 respectively is an example of that. Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

1 hour ago, DougR said:

AMEN.  I looked that up and almost posted it.  The playoffs video just sounded right for this post.  But, Dennis Green's (right?) rant was THE best ever.  If the Bombers lose to the Stamps, maybe that should be posted???

Nah, the PLAYOFFS???? video to me will always be the litmus test of coaching rants.  For over 5 minutes, Jim Mora  mocked his team, coaches, players & then mocked the reporters question about the Colts making the playoffs.  A comedy writer couldn't have done it any better. Dennis Green just got angry & spazzed out.  Then walked out. 

On 2018-08-23 at 3:51 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nah, the PLAYOFFS???? video to me will always be the litmus test of coaching rants.  For over 5 minutes, Jim Mora  mocked his team, coaches, players & then mocked the reporters question about the Colts making the playoffs.  A comedy writer couldn't have done it any better. Dennis Green just got angry & spazzed out.  Then walked out. 

I wanna hear some of this ...