Game 80 : BellMTS Place @ Bell Centre

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

missed the game - why did he get tossed?

Probably for bumping into ref when he got out of box after MTL scored but it might have also been for his stick work while in the penalty box.

Hey we got 2 games left and 3 points behind Nash who lost tonight. We still got a chance for first!

giphy.gif

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I watched the game earlier tonight....  what stood out to me the most was just how god awful the refs were tonight.   I hate playing the refs are blind game but every fringe play the Jets made was called and blatant penalties by the Canadians were ignored.   Perfect example is Buffs crap late 3rd period penalty while Tanev gets a stick to the face and is down on the ice.  

What stood out next to me was how whiny the Habs fans were.  My god they were whiny little ******** all night.   Any time Drouin was slightly tapped the fans cried....  I found it hilarious when they started crying after a Habs guy tripped on himself with no Jets in sight.  I used to despise Leaf fans but after tonight by far those Habs fans were the worst.   

Also Mason looked rusty and let in some ugly goals...  I hope he doesn't see much or any play off action at all...

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I watched the game earlier tonight....  what stood out to me the most was just how god awful the refs were tonight.   I hate playing the refs are blind game but every fringe play the Jets made was called and blatant penalties by the Canadians were ignored.   Perfect example is Buffs crap late 3rd period penalty while Tanev gets a stick to the face and is down on the ice.  

What stood out next to me was how whiny the Habs fans were.  My god they were whiny little ******** all night.   Any time Drouin was slightly tapped the fans cried....  I found it hilarious when they started crying after a Habs guy tripped on himself with no Jets in sight.  I used to despise Leaf fans but after tonight by far those Habs fans were the worst.   

Also Mason looked rusty and let in some ugly goals...  I hope he doesn't see much or any play off action at all...

are the fans sore or something

okay to be fair, this was Mason's first game back in weeks

I wonder how much communication there is between Jets coaches and the Moose coaches?

Watching the young guys come up and fit in so quickly and so well, it makes sense that the two sets of coaches have a lot in common, hockey wise, and meet a fair bit.

The Moose coach has to be on some sort of list of potential NHL head coaches too. Need to keep him.

( "coachs" is a better spelling.)

Also, who are the Jets scouts?  they are good.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

I wonder how much communication there is between Jets coaches and the Moose coaches?

Watching the young guys come up and fit in so quickly and so well, it makes sense that the two sets of coaches have a lot in common, hockey wise, and meet a fair bit.

The Moose coach has to be on some sort of list of potential NHL head coaches too. Need to keep him.

( "coachs" is a better spelling.)

Also, who are the Jets scouts?  they are good.

I believe that was the issue with the former coach and why they put Pascal in there.  They wanted Moose to play the same systems and that wasnt happening before.

We were talking about this a bit in the office today about the difference in the Moose from before the Jets to now.  Before, they hated when the Canucks made call ups because True North wanted the Moose to win every year.  Now, they still want to win but its all about making the Jets a success first.

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

To be fair, I thought he'd be great this year.  Was super choked when I missed out on him in my pool.  Habs are brutal though.  Drouin is good.

They had expectations of this guy being the next Mario Lemieux  (unrealistic)   ,  I'm sure the guy is a point per game player on a good team but he's not a franchise changing kind of guy.   

37 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

To be fair, I thought he'd be great this year.  Was super choked when I missed out on him in my pool.  Habs are brutal though.  Drouin is good.

There were several posters here who thought the Jets should offer up Ehlers when Tampa sent Drouin down a few years ago.  Would any of those people be so brave as to identify themselves?

#whatdidchevydotoday?

Answer: Not make a stupid trade.

25 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He seems so small though.

Counter that with Dave Christian, first shot(?), first shift, first goal.

The days of giants who cant skate are coming to an end. He seems small lol... Get used to it cuz the future is speed and skill... Niku has that as do several current members of the Jets roster. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

The days of giants who cant skate are coming to an end. He seems small lol... Get used to it cuz the future is speed and skill... Niku has that as do several current members of the Jets roster. 

I was talking about Moose coach. It was right under a comment about Pascal.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg