Game 80 : BellMTS Place @ Bell Centre

46 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Watching the game last night made me think that inserting press box guys itching to play in the second game of back to back games might be a viable strategy to use throughout the year and not just once you've secured a playoff spot.

Until it doesn't work and the team gets shelled and everyone says "well we needed that game, why were we playing all our pressbox guys?"

28 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Until it doesn't work and the team gets shelled and everyone says "well we needed that game, why were we playing all our pressbox guys?"

And, we only have a 23 man roster. Usually, there is at least one or two that are nursing an injury, so that leaves you one or two that can get on the roster. It's not like you can turn 5 or 6 players over on a given night. 

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yup risk but what if it works more than it doesn't? Won"t know until you try. And keep in mind only on back to back games. And I'd be interested to know the w/l percentage of teams second game on a back to back.

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Addition

4 hours ago, JCon said:

And, we only have a 23 man roster. Usually, there is at least one or two that are nursing an injury, so that leaves you one or two that can get on the roster. It's not like you can turn 5 or 6 players over on a given night. 

Yeah good point just something im tossing around in my head. I'm not suggesting 5 or 6 man rotation.  1 to three maybe if available.

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup risk but what if it works more than it doesn't? Won"t know until you try. And keep in mind only on back to back games. And I'd be interested to know the w/l percentage of teams second game on a back to back.

Short answer: Jets were 4-3-2 on the first half of back-to-back games this year, and 5-3-1 for the latter game.

Longer analysis (because, me): All 9 back-to-backs started on the road, only 2 of nine finished at home (Jets won both those home games, by shutout no less). They won both halves 3 times, lost both halves outright only once, went W-L once, L-W twice (both road start-home finish), and OTL-OTL once and OTL-L once. One of the back-to-backs was a home and home series (at StL, then home to StL, each team won the home game via shutout).

18 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Took 8 NHL years before people complained about Toby's play.

4 year’s of Atlanta shouldn’t technically count as being in the league ha...

pretty thrashers fans complained about him too - that’s what fans do

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Ya let's not underestimate the stupidity of fans.  Back to back 50 point seasons and there were probably plenty of cross-eyed morons complaining about Toby being too small and yelling "SHOOT!" every time the team had the puck.

You’re feisty today.  Keyboard must be red hot...

it was more likely rumblings of ‘Enstrom is really good but a bit small’...  he was only really exposed as a weak link in the 2014 playoffs

its really just the last 2-3 years that he’s been more liability than benefit

Niku will be a great replacement for him