Random Death Notice 2018

iHeart

damn, well now we get the Beauty and the Beast Reunion of the Ages (yeah I only know him for his Disney Roles)...for god sakes protect Angela Lansbury!

you know I am really starting to think that the Canadian series Whatever Happened To is cursed (you know that show that aired on the late tvtropolis that was like a precursor to Oprah Where Are They Now?)

Edited by iHeart

On 3/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wow, I had no idea Bannister was still alive, strange that I've never in my lifetime seen an interview or anything else featuring this guy.  I guess he preferred to live out his life in anonymity.

He broke the 4 min record in May 1954 and retired in Dec 1954 to pursue what would turn out to be a distinguished career in medicine (neurology).

This is worth reading and contains a video of "The Miracle Mile" which took place in BC while Vancouver was hosting the 1954 Empire Games:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/obituaries/roger-bannister-dead.html

man I really wanted to find footage of him talking to post (pre ALS and Pneumonia) but the only one I could find didn't sound good

man and it's Pi day today too

I guess his last US tv appearance was on the Big Bang theory earlier this season

Edited by iHeart