Random Death Notice 2018

iHeart

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

sounds like this was very sudden since he was still performing at least a month ago

That's very sad, he was one of Canada's very best stand-up comedians in his time.  I saw a sad documentary on him a few years ago were he spoke about his bi-polar disorder and having to move back to Canada from L.A. in order to help pay for treatment for hepatitis C and a liver transplant which probably contributed to his demise.

hmm I wonder who she played on Drew Carey, I've seen every single episode of the show, must have been one of his many girlfriends

EDIT: oh wait I IMDB'd her she was Doreen, or as she wanted to be known as Mini Mimi, did not make that up

Edited by iHeart

52 minutes ago, iHeart said:

hmm I wonder who she played on Drew Carey, I've seen every single episode of the show, must have been one of his many girlfriends

EDIT: oh wait I IMDB'd her she was Doreen, or as she wanted to be known as Mini Mimi, did not make that up

Pretty random RIP. To everyone else she was the really short hooker in Total Recall with the automatic.

12 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If you're interested in an alternative view of Brown vs the Board of Education, I would recommend Malcolm Gladwell's podcast: http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/13-miss-buchanans-period-of-adjustment

In fact, all of Gladwell's podcasts on the civil rights movement were interesting. I would also recommend: http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/14-the-foot-soldier-of-birmingham

2 hours ago, JCon said:

If you're interested in an alternative view of Brown vs the Board of Education, I would recommend Malcolm Gladwell's podcast: http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/13-miss-buchanans-period-of-adjustment

In fact, all of Gladwell's podcasts on the civil rights movement were interesting. I would also recommend: http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/14-the-foot-soldier-of-birmingham

Great podcast!

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's very sad, he was one of Canada's very best stand-up comedians in his time.  I saw a sad documentary on him a few years ago were he spoke about his bi-polar disorder and having to move back to Canada from L.A. in order to help pay for treatment for hepatitis C and a liver transplant which probably contributed to his demise.

I saw him at Yuk Yuk's in 1988. There was a heckler in the crowd. I don't know if it was staged or not but he lost it. Started yelling, screaming & swearing at the guy. He didn't put the guy down or mock the heckler as you would have expected. He just went nuts. 

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

isn't it on dvd? also it is getting the dreaded reboot treatment

Hadnt heard that.  Just did some googling and it looks like its in development hell.  But Bochco and one of the original writers were behind it so I would have faith in it being good.  Apparently FOX owns the rights to the show for some reason even though it aired on NBC.  And they wrote a pilot last year which was being re-tooled to appeal to streaming, which sort of tells me FOX wasnt interested (perhaps due to the Disney deal).

The idea would be to do a revival, not a reboot, with legacy cast members appearing as the older veteran lawyers. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hadnt heard that.  Just did some googling and it looks like its in development hell.  But Bochco and one of the original writers were behind it so I would have faith in it being good.  Apparently FOX owns the rights to the show for some reason even though it aired on NBC.  And they wrote a pilot last year which was being re-tooled to appeal to streaming, which sort of tells me FOX wasnt interested (perhaps due to the Disney deal).

The idea would be to do a revival, not a reboot, with legacy cast members appearing as the older veteran lawyers. 

oh but I thought I had posted that somewhere, when I have time I'll link that post