Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHeart

Restaurant/food thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I saw the same post... I had zero interest in trying Yes before that (Foody Goody has scared me away from any and all chinese buffets like that) and now that picture sealed the deal.

If Popeyes comes to this end of town, I'll try it but if it's KFC-like then it'll be a one and done for me.  I'll stick to Mary Brown's for my fried chicken.

Mary Browns actually is the best of of the bunch, hell it actually tastes BETTER than KFC the thighs are super crispy

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Brandon said:

New Popeyes rumoured to open up at Henderson and Chief Peguis near Boston Pizza.    I tried Popeyes on Kenaston and found it extremely mediocre.  On par with KFC which isn't saying much at all. 

 

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

If Popeyes comes to this end of town, I'll try it but if it's KFC-like then it'll be a one and done for me.  I'll stick to Mary Brown's for my fried chicken.

How can you hate "The Colonel"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KFC is god awful,  I think it's also a rule that all KFC/Taco Bells have to be poorly renovated and rarely cleaned.

I tried Popeyes a month after it opened and tried the "spicy" chicken sandwich.   I'm not a spice snob but it had nearly zero heat to it.   The chicken tasted exactly like the chicken fingers you can get at Chester Fried Chicken or your local 7-11.   My co workers had various different items and nobody said that they wanted to try it again.     The best fried chicken I've had was surprisingly at the Viscount Gort buffet.   Super crispy coating and the chicken was tasty and not dry at all.

Bigg Jay -  Yes buffet is massive and has a lot of options.  More options then buffet square does out in the Maples.    However myself and two other people I know have each had food poisoning at different times when going there.   The food tasted good (for what it is)  but the track record has been poor and I'd avoid.    Mongos is a much safer bet ….  I've gone to Mongos probably 100 times and never have been sick once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-08-09 at 1:42 PM, iHeart said:

Speaking of places set to open, it may not have been confirmed but a Ben and Florentine will be moving into the building being build near Dairy Queen on Regent. it kind of sounds like it'll be like Cora's

well my mother and I just got back from there, and it was so good, the bacon was crispy, they had the type of sausage that my dad used to buy, and OMG a chocolate chip waffle drizzled in chocolate hazelnut, with specs of white chocolate and almond slivers, yum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I finally tried NuBurger today and man those were some good fries and the burger wasn't bad either, boy did that mayo standout

The perogie burger wasn't bad,   I do like the bacon they use … I think it's candied and super tasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-16 at 8:59 AM, Brandon said:

KFC is god awful,  I think it's also a rule that all KFC/Taco Bells have to be poorly renovated and rarely cleaned.

I tried Popeyes a month after it opened and tried the "spicy" chicken sandwich.   I'm not a spice snob but it had nearly zero heat to it.   The chicken tasted exactly like the chicken fingers you can get at Chester Fried Chicken or your local 7-11.   My co workers had various different items and nobody said that they wanted to try it again.     The best fried chicken I've had was surprisingly at the Viscount Gort buffet.   Super crispy coating and the chicken was tasty and not dry at all.

Bigg Jay -  Yes buffet is massive and has a lot of options.  More options then buffet square does out in the Maples.    However myself and two other people I know have each had food poisoning at different times when going there.   The food tasted good (for what it is)  but the track record has been poor and I'd avoid.    Mongos is a much safer bet ….  I've gone to Mongos probably 100 times and never have been sick once.

agree 100% with KFC. Tried mary browns and it didnt seem any better. Was going to try popeyes but i hear its constantly a huge line up. 

My go to for eating out is Simon's at the forks. The Lomito sandwich is to die for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we'll get a bunch of IHOP's going in their places like when Rona on my end of the planet became a Lowe's

speaking of which, I finally got to try the winnipeg location near seasons 2 days ago, we went in the evening because it was less busy, I had the 2x2 (which was basically two of most things like eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast) it was actually pretty good, my mother wasn't happy with the service, HOWEVER they were able to change my friends order, and they served another friend early because she had medical issues that require her to eat more often than usual (not diabetes) and they were able to provide me with a refill for my tea because I needed Chamomile due to a sinus issue I was having (one of my friends told me to add honey to it, and it worked I feel so much better)

I'd go again even if it's in the evening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-06 at 11:07 AM, iHeart said:

it appears that Dairy Queen has unveiled their summer menu items, aside from the chicken and waffle basket (I really don't understand the appeal of chicken and waffles I really don't)

Just blame Schitt's Creek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎10 at 10:50 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I really hate DQ's menus, such a confusing mish-mash,  trying to order for one adult and two of kids always ends up with too much food or not enough.  Second worst menus are McD's with their "now you see it, now you don't" graphics.

They really effed up their Blizzards. People like to order certain flavours so changing them all around rather than adding to them makes a whole lot of sense. He says sarcastically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol Popeyes in T-Cona... it will be a smash hit.  

DQ has the worst quality ice cream,  it melts almost immediately and I find the taste to be very bland.   Nearly any other local ice cream shop is way better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol Popeyes in T-Cona... it will be a smash hit.  

DQ has the worst quality ice cream,  it melts almost immediately and I find the taste to be very bland.   Nearly any other local ice cream shop is way better. 

yeah but they want a wendy's even more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-04 at 1:35 PM, Brandon said:

RIP Perkins everywhere in town.   Most of them have closed and/or will be closing shortly.

Well the one near my place is still open and still has normal hours, I actually asked if that location was on the chopping block and the lady said she didn't know but she was aware that three locations have closed

 

I decided to go there just for the hell of it in case that location was next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-15 at 5:04 PM, iHeart said:

Mary Browns actually is the best of of the bunch, hell it actually tastes BETTER than KFC the thighs are super crispy

Been to Mary Browns a couple times now ,with my girls. The consensus was ,its 50 times better than KFC ,and cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...