Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-10-05 at 10:13 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Interesting that they're making these edible capsules out of seaweed, sure looks like plastic to me.  It would be great if they figured out how to use land weeds and other plant fibre to cut down on plastic production.  Stripping the oceans of seaweed would be a disaster for marine life.

48 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Interesting that they're making these edible capsules out of seaweed, sure looks like plastic to me.  It would be great if they figured out how to use land weeds and other plant fibre to cut down on plastic production.  Stripping the oceans of seaweed would be a disaster for marine life.

It's just farmed seaweed that they use for food products.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I did not know they farmed seaweed....kelp I guess?

There are several varieties, including kelp: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaweed_farming

The main food species grown by aquaculture in Japan, China and Korea include Gelidium, Pterocladia,[ Porphyra, and Laminaria.      

Edited by JCon

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

was in EDM for first time in ages last year.  Ate here back-to-back nights. Too bad. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought it was universal that everyone gets sick from eating them? 

I hadn’t heard that.  They definitely have very long lines whenever I’m there.  I don’t eat them a lot but if I feel like BBQ’ing cheap I’ll pick up a pack of their foot longs.  I like them!  

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I hadn’t heard that.  They definitely have very long lines whenever I’m there.  I don’t eat them a lot but if I feel like BBQ’ing cheap I’ll pick up a pack of their foot longs.  I like them!  

It's popular because of the price in Winnipeg,   everyone I know buys them then regrets eating them with gut rot after.  

I find Skinners dissssgusting and apparently many others online agree (boiled generic weener) ,  Personally I find many hot dog carts around town to be much better.  

image-from-ios-1-12.jpg

Edited by Brandon

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I like the Kirkland dogs. All beef are great! 

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I hadn’t heard that.  They definitely have very long lines whenever I’m there. 

Well the Costco's are self serve like McD's now. You can order and pay at a kiosk and wait for your number to come up.

I wish they would get rid of the umbrellas at the table.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2019-10-26 at 9:18 AM, Brandon said:

It's popular because of the price in Winnipeg,   everyone I know buys them then regrets eating them with gut rot after.  

I find Skinners dissssgusting and apparently many others online agree (boiled generic weener) ,  Personally I find many hot dog carts around town to be much better.  

image-from-ios-1-12.jpg

to me the hot dog carts are a sign of spring

11 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Agree with Brandon.  Costco hotdogs are disgusting.  Same with Skinners.  It's like the lowest quality of food just above Ikea's garbage.

Try hotdogs from Winnipeg Old Country Sausage.  If you don't like those - then you really don't like hotdogs.