Calgary / Edmonton & Toronto / Hamilton

Mark F

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I can't stand penalties on plays like that punt return. There was absolutely no reason to throw a flag on that play,  the alleged ''hold'' in no way affected the play and the hold itself was borderline. I can't stand when exciting plays are taken away by tick tack penalties.

There was every reason to throw that flag. The guy was holding. That's the only reason to throw a flag.

38 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I can't stand penalties on plays like that punt return. There was absolutely no reason to throw a flag on that play,  the alleged ''hold'' in no way affected the play and the hold itself was borderline. I can't stand when exciting plays are taken away by tick tack penalties.

The hold was crucial to Jackson having that seam to even hit, it was right where he cut upfield.  They have to call that.

Duane Forde made a comment about climate change causing these weather delays.  I laughed at that.  In the good old days they just played through these lightning storms.  Only when lightning would hit an upright would there be any concern for fan/player safety, and I say this from experience having watched lightning hit an upright in 1986 at a Bomber/Ottawa game.

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Empty stadium. Most people went home. Work & school day tomorrow.  Will the Ti Cats have to give refunds?

Last year at the Bombers Cats game in wpg, the beer prices were reduced to 5 bucks. No refunds due to weather delay.

Edited by Rod Black

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Duane Forde made a comment about climate change causing these weather delays.

sigh...

weather=/= climate. I wish the uninformed masses would stop treating every weather event like it's climate change in action. 

The reality is unless you're compiling mountains of data you are not likely to actually see climate change. It's much more subtle than that and requires long terms to see the effects of. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

sigh...

weather=/= climate. I wish the uninformed masses would stop treating every weather event like it's climate change in action. 

The reality is unless you're compiling mountains of data you are not likely to actually see climate change. It's much more subtle than that and requires long terms to see the effects of. 

Stick to sports not politics. I remember that comment.  He said he didn't want to bring up climate change... So then, why did he? 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stick to sports not politics. I remember that comment.  He said he didn't want to bring up climate change... So then, why did he? 

he said that during his 12 years of playing he never experienced a game delay.  That's because Duane back in the day they just played instead of worrying about lightning.  Not saying that it was better, just how things were back then.