SASKATCHEWAN @ BC LIONS

Mr Dee

BC clearly was in command in this game. 38 minutes in possession time and 547 in total offence. They only had 2 sacks on Kevin Glenn, but they hit him and pressured him. THAT'S how you beat Glenn. This was easily Glenn's worst game of the year. He never looked comfortable and never got in rhythm. 

I don't know who will be QB for Sask. when next we meet, or even if they will be in contention, but if it's Glenn, then we have a nice blueprint to follow.

6 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

You know what a great moment in this game was? When Riders DB Butler ran into the goalpost on the Burnham TD.

I was surprised that the ref didn't throw a flag on the goalpost and demand it be moved back 10 yards.

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

Can't even run a proper coverage scheme, on a goalpost.   Sad.

Blue Bomber flanker Ken Nielsen ran into the goalpost at full speed looking back attempting to catch a pass from Ron Lancaster in the 1970 CFL All Star game. He suffered a serous neck injury & IIRC never played again. Ended his career. So while it seems funny, it's also dangerous. It's a wonder it doesn't happen more often. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Blue Bomber flanker Ken Nielsen ran into the goalpost at full speed looking back attempting to catch a pass from Ron Lancaster in the 1970 CFL All Star game. He suffered a serous neck injury & IIRC never played again. Ended his career. So while it seems funny, it's also dangerous. It's a wonder it doesn't happen more often. 

Fairly confident that the padding used now is a whole lot better than the stuff used in the '70's.  

52 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Fairly confident that the padding used now is a whole lot better than the stuff used in the '70's.  

Yeah, I'm sure it is. Just like Field Turf is better than the original Astro & Tartan Turf. Still though players need to keep their heads on a swivel around the goalpost. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

At one time it was legal to use the goalpost as a screen.  Teams would run a pass or run right beside the goalpost effectively  cutting off ways for defensive players to get to the ball.  At the same time defenses could use the goalposts to assist in tackling players & squashing  offensive players up against the goalposts. I've seen pictures of that very thing. That would be the 40's & 50's. It's strange to see how football used to be played way back in the day. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nah, don't like to see anyone get hurt regardless of who they play for. 

You should probably stop watching football then because I'm thinking that compared to running into a heavily padded goalpost, there's way more chance of injury colliding with a human missile, something that happens each and every play somewhere on the field. 

3 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

You should probably stop watching football then because I'm thinking that compared to running into a heavily padded goalpost, there's way more chance of injury colliding with a human missile, something that happens each and every play somewhere on the field. 

That's not what I said... You know that. Everyone else knows that. And I'll keep watching, thanks. But I appreciate your concern.