Sick Bay

BigBlue

On 31/07/2017 at 0:25 PM, J5V said:

You don't mess with the chemistry between a holder and kicker. If Dressler can hold, he should do it.

I disagree, there's gotta someone else who can do it and not be a waste of a roster spot.

Most QB's can do it.  or another sure handed wr

11 hours ago, basslicker said:

I disagree, there's gotta someone else who can do it and not be a waste of a roster spot.

Most QB's can do it.  or another sure handed wr

I just don't want to mess up the timing with Medlock. We need his production.

No sense using a roster spot strictly for a holder. And what happens if there's a breakdown and a legit blocking attempt on the field goal and we injure Dressler even worse?? He's on the 1 game IR, and we dress Flanders. Nicholls or someone else can hold. #freeflanders

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

From Ted Wyman, who talked to MOS about Dressler:

DGUvpM6UwAA5cgj.jpg:large

makes sense... if there's a set back and Dressler actually ends up being out for 6 games... then we save the cap money... if he's ready to go after 2 or 3 games off, then he comes off the 6-game, his salary counts and it's all the same as multiple 1-games...

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

O'Shea was saying it's day to day and he doesn't need to practice to start, so saying it's just a precaution to put him on the 6 game instead of the 1 game should be taken with a grain or two of salt.

I'm pretty sure before game 1, O'Shea said Bruce Johnson might be ready to play.  And here we are six weeks later.  At this point I don't think we can read anything into any "injury report" coming out of the Bombers.

51 minutes ago, tracker said:

Thorpe ought to be fast enough to run the Dressler plays with a bit more power. Now, can he read blocking?

Thats the question, he was a prized returner in college and returner prospect so i would think so but at the cfl level every thing changes. 

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

No way.  Just let Flanders do it.  Better yet, put Harris in the Dressler role and Flanders as the RB.  That package would be deadly.

I've been dreaming about the day we get Flanders and Harris involved in the offense at the same time... now let's do something with it!

8 hours ago, Atomic said:

No way.  Just let Flanders do it.  Better yet, put Harris in the Dressler role and Flanders as the RB.  That package would be deadly.

if we had an OC competent to run such a scheme sure. Some 2 back action, harris in a H back type back field some would be great. But weve seen a decent number of games with flanders as DI and 0 use. 

On 8/3/2017 at 2:52 PM, bearpants said:

makes sense... if there's a set back and Dressler actually ends up being out for 6 games... then we save the cap money... if he's ready to go after 2 or 3 games off, then he comes off the 6-game, his salary counts and it's all the same as multiple 1-games...

but you have a limit of how many you can take off the six

13 hours ago, bearpants said:

I've been dreaming about the day we get Flanders and Harris involved in the offense at the same time... now let's do something with it!

"And it turned out nice again." 

-Cactus Jack

great opportunity and it worked well.

Edited by Rod Black