Big promise from Miller

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/smooth-ride-or-free-ticket-bombers-vow-432802103.html

A big promise from Miller.

"We’re confident these improvements will get fans out of stadium lots in a much faster and smoother manner," said Miller. "If fans parked on campus don’t find their drive home quicker than before, we’ll give them two free tickets to the July 13 game."

He must have a lot of confidence in the new process. 

I have an non football,  U of M parking lot story....

I went to U of M. had a car parked there in (maybe) Lot U or something. I lived in S. end.

one afternoon an oddball guy I knew said to me       "________________ , could you give me a ride home?"

I said "but _________________, you live in the North end, and I live in the South end... no I won't give you a ride home"

He then said something pretty close to

"in that case, could you give me a ride to L lot, where my car is parked?"

This conversation actually happened. The guy looked as wierd as this sounds. straight out of a cartoon.

don't know why I still remember it.

also, while a friend was driving us home from U of M dance, my friend the driver was staring at a beautiful girl in the car beside us, and rear ended the car in front of us. gave it a pretty good smash.

Being kids, the rest of us got a good laugh.

good times!

Edited by Mark F

23 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I have an non football,  U of M parking lot story....

I went to U of M. had a car parked there in (maybe) Lot U or something. I lived in S. end.

one afternoon an oddball guy I knew said to me       "________________ , could you give me a ride home?"

I said "but _________________, you live in the North end, and I live in the South end... no I won't give you a ride home"

He then said something pretty close to

"in that case, could you give me a ride to L lot, where my car is parked?"

This conversation actually happened. The guy looked as wierd as this sounds. straight out of a cartoon.

don't know why I still remember it.

also, while a friend was driving us home from U of M dance, my friend the driver was staring at a beautiful girl in the car beside us, and rear ended the car in front of us. gave it a pretty good smash.

Being kids, the rest of us got a good laugh.

good times!

It was probably a professor.

It's all based on the honour system, but at the end of the day, I think it's a win-win for the Bombers.  Even if all 5000-6000 cars parked on campus called in to complain, that means guaranteed sellout for the following game.  Getting that many fans in the stands increases concession revenue, and I'm sure they've done the math that they come out way ahead that way.

21 minutes ago, Sard said:

It's all based on the honour system, but at the end of the day, I think it's a win-win for the Bombers.  Even if all 5000-6000 cars parked on campus called in to complain, that means guaranteed sellout for the following game.  Getting that many fans in the stands increases concession revenue, and I'm sure they've done the math that they come out way ahead that way.

There are no where near 5000-6000 cars parked on campus for a game. 

Just to add as well about the guarantee.  The message behind it is that we are confident we have improved traffic flow getting off campus.  The guarantee to fans however covers everything from your drive home, even if your delay has nothing to do with getting off campus. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

There are no where near 5000-6000 cars parked on campus for a game. 

Just to add as well about the guarantee.  The message behind it is that we are confident we have improved traffic flow getting off campus.  The guarantee to fans however covers everything from your drive home, even if your delay has nothing to do with getting off campus. 

I'm curious, how many parking spots are there?  I heard Wade on CJOB this morning and I thought he said there were 1000 cash spots and 5000 pre-paid spots.  Maybe I misheard.