Tait on JFG

JFG is a solid player...all around which is what we want in that spot and why management isn't too concerned about not getting some perceived marquee guy there.

He's tough....gonna make those dirty catches and plays for you, and is a key downfield blocker allowing the marquee guys to do their thing.. and is dependable and has trust with his teammates...especially Nichols

If he plays all 18 games realistically I see him getting between 350-450 yards...3 TD's and probably a 2 point convert or two.

What more would you want from your 5th receiver option, especially when we run an offence where the RB is going to get around 50-60 receptions a year too

21 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I believe that this is a league mandated thing 

Nope. The ban is still in effect for members of the media talking to assistants. They have lightened it up a bit though. Tait gets the access he gets because he is a Bomber employee and his message doesn't go out without being signed off on.

31 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Nope. The ban is still in effect for members of the media talking to assistants. They have lightened it up a bit though. Tait gets the access he gets because he is a Bomber employee and his message doesn't go out without being signed off on.

Since going to work for the Bombers Tait has shown that he will on occassion be critical of the team.

Thanks for the info re media access.

edit......One of the best plays of the O'Shea era is  JFG getting the last second, clutch catch,  game winning TD in front of his home town crowd in Montreal.

Edited by Mark F
edit

27 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I recall that initially, only O'Shea could talk to the media.  Coordinators and assistant coaches could not.  He was very clear on that.  I also recall reading something about the league mandating that coodinators be made available.  So, maybe you are right, but my memory says different.

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I recall that initially, only O'Shea could talk to the media.  Coordinators and assistant coaches could not.  He was very clear on that.  I also recall reading something about the league mandating that coodinators be made available.  So, maybe you are right, but my memory says different.

No you are correct. However, outside of the league mandated minimum there is no free access to coordinators.