Game 45 : The Howling @ Bark At The Moon

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was going to day players only meeting. 

Game was not lost on goaltending. Helle could have had the second goal. But other two were no D. Goal on Hutch, if stu makes a play instead of hacking the player maybe it's not scored 

And there's still 2 periods left to play.  Like against Montreal. They give up easily. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Love Wheeler but he should be more pissed at his fellow veterans other than little and himself the Vets ARE a huge problem 

Buff. Toby. Perreault.  Stafford. Have all been pretty awful this year. Lazy buff shows up quite a bit 

One of the biggest disappointments of the season for me. Like I asked the other day, what kind of leadership is he showing?

I was just typing the same thing about Stu...was an adequate 3rd pair D tonight. Weak check on one goal but overall not too bad.

Buff - Trade him this year or his NMC kicks in

Toby  - Has lost a step gets out muscled and if there was a better option he would be gone

Perreault - His extension hasn't even kicked in and there's probably buyers remorse

Stafford - Has till the deadline or he walks for free

If any get moved and I have my doubts then call ups from the Moose should start with Connor , Roslovic, and Lemieux, play them on a line even. Defence wise I don't know.

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Love Wheeler but he should be more pissed at his fellow veterans other than little and himself the Vets ARE a huge problem 

Buff. Toby. Perreault.  Stafford. Have all been pretty awful this year. Lazy buff shows up quite a bit 

3 goals on 7 shots...  they were all shots that could be saved.  Helle stunk it up tonight big time.  

The team in the first had momentum and started the game on fire....  it's just that when the goalie can't make routine saves it kind of kills any momentum that they had.  Tonight a few bad breaks and Stafford moving slow as hell could of prevented the outcome... but any regular even average goaltending would of made this game much closer.    

Helle needs to sit for awhile.  

He was pulled too early if you ask me.....give him a chance to work through it...he is a rookie goalie and worrying whether he is going to get pulled or not if he lets in a goal isn't going to develop a goalie believe me.

I'd play Hutch in LA and Helle in San Jose.

Goaltending needs to be better but that is on Chevy as much as anyone. I have no problem with Helle being up with the team this season but he needs a mentor. He gets into a slump, we need someone that can come in and play a few games in a row while he works on his bugs. Hutch has shown that isn't him.

Edited by Ducky

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

First and third were tough. Right on the doorstep. I suppose Helle could have had them but then he's making spectacular saves after mistakes by his d. 

This loss isn't on goaltending. It's on lousy  lousy team play.  Helle was pulled to save him from further embarrassment. 

If that's true and if I'm Michael Hutchinson, I'm thinking 'Thanks a lot Coach'

50 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If you listen to him instead of reading it his tone suggests he is more pissed at was it Wicek (can't blame wheeler that much) asking the question 

I wthink upset read much into that. he just came from what was likely an angry and emotional meeting where he, as captain, had a lot to say and he was expecting the media to ask him and he just wasn't in the mood. 

Good captain wouldn't throw his team mates under the bus publicly. I do expect him as Captain to call out guys that need it 

What I wouldn't give to be sitting there listening to what was said and who said what at that meeting.

Supposedly it was kinda like, You shouldn't have games like that in this league. (about letting them score 3 goals on the first 7 shots)...Before you know it, the season is over and suddenly it's summer again and you're training for the next season.... Just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page about what we are trying to do... That was the main point. ...

I would have liked to hear what Buff and Scheif and Wheeler were saying.