Game 45 : The Howling @ Bark At The Moon

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Game Time : Friday 8

Game Story : After a bad performance against MTL, will the howling by their coach inspire a comeback against one of the worst in the league or will a loss mean a call to Bob Hartley?

Local Celebrity of the Game : I'm in this business because I despise honest labor - Marty Robbins

7EnXIjWdXO3mw.gif

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Asked Byfuglien if he agreed with his coach's view: “He can look at it whichever way... we know what we did and didn't do." #NHLJets.

The question is.... are Maurice's glasses thrown in the shower?

Buff's chewing tobacco deserves to be thrown in first.

How can you say you are a leader when you play like he has been playing this year? Put him up as a forward if he wants to spend that much time deep in their zone.

30 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Buff's chewing tobacco deserves to be thrown in first.

How can you say you are a leader when you play like he has been playing this year? Put him up as a forward if he wants to spend that much time deep in their zone.

Are you suggesting his teammates are questioning his leadership? My hunch says no.

You want Enstrom to babysit Buff? Lol Enstrom has been our worst d man this year besides Chiarot and Postma.  

Buff isn't a problem.... he's one of the top 10 offensive d men in the league. .. I feel people who **** on buff... I don't know what you think he is... he's not some defensive d man... never has been... he's an offensive one... always has been. He's a leader. He's playing lots because the coaches play him lots. 

It's actually getting ridiculous.  Some people want to blame everyone but the coaches 

Don't make me puke, because he's a vet?....why was Tanev playing all those other games while Thorbs sat?

I thought you said Tanev was the "perfect 4th liner"?

Why are we sitting a perfect 4th liner.

As far as Buff not playing D, you should read my whole post. He was babysitting Morrissey as much as vice versa last game.

No, no, your agenda is fire Maurice so it is all the coach's fault.

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You want Enstrom to babysit Buff? Lol Enstrom has been our worst d man this year besides Chiarot and Postma.  

Buff isn't a problem.... he's one of the top 10 offensive d men in the league. .. I feel people who **** on buff... I don't know what you think he is... he's not some defensive d man... never has been... he's an offensive one... always has been. He's a leader. He's playing lots because the coaches play him lots. 

It's actually getting ridiculous.  Some people want to blame everyone but the coaches 

All you want to do is blame the coach. Do you really believe it is all on Maurice?....Atomic blew your "favors the vets" theory out of the water so what is your next excuse going to be? The PK is getting much better...

Where is Maurice lacking exactly and which vets are you always talking about that should take the blame? You say it a lot but you don't mention any names.

22 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Don't make me puke, because he's a vet?....why was Tanev playing all those other games while Thorbs sat?

I thought you said Tanev was the "perfect 4th liner"?

Why are we sitting a perfect 4th liner.

As far as Buff not playing D, you should read my whole post. He was babysitting Morrissey as much as vice versa last game.

No, no, your agenda is fire Maurice so it is all the coach's fault.

You should probably watch that game again.  It was the opposite.

19 minutes ago, Ducky said:

All you want to do is blame the coach. Do you really believe it is all on Maurice?....Atomic blew your "favors the vets" theory out of the water so what is your next excuse going to be? The PK is getting much better...

Where is Maurice lacking exactly and which vets are you always talking about that should take the blame? You say it a lot but you don't mention any names.

Yup.  Sure did. With his 3rd pair D and 4th line examples as well as worst starting goalie in the league over the last 5 years.  You are seriously delusional if you think coaching isn't a huge problem 

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You should probably watch that game again.  It was the opposite.

I watch every game at least twice and goals for and against at least 10 times. I suggest you take your own advice and watch the game again.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup.  Sure did. With his 3rd pair D and 4th line examples as well as worst starting goalie in the league over the last 5 years.  You are seriously delusional if you think coaching isn't a huge problem 

He REALLY favors the vets. That is why a 23 year old is on the first line between a 20 and 18 year old. That's why we started the season with 4 rookies this year and how many last year? Stu sitting, Pavs down, Thorbs sitting more but that's okay, you obviously have your agenda and you turn every thread on here back to the coaching. Checked the stats on Helle this am by the way...19th place save percentage 5 on 5 for goalies over 1000 minutes. He dropped fast from that top 5 you were talking about? Overall this year a very average backup backed up by an AHL backup.

14 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I watch every game at least twice and goals for and against at least 10 times. I suggest you take your own advice and watch the game again.

He REALLY favors the vets. That is why a 23 year old is on the first line between a 20 and 18 year old. That's why we started the season with 4 rookies this year and how many last year? Stu sitting, Pavs down, Thorbs sitting more but that's okay, you obviously have your agenda and you turn every thread on here back to the coaching. Checked the stats on Helle this am by the way...19th place save percentage 5 on 5 for goalies over 1000 minutes. He dropped fast from that top 5 you were talking about? Overall this year a very average backup backed up by an AHL backup.

Watch every game twice and you still don't see the coaching issues?  Wow. Delusional 

Edited by Goalie

If you actually watched the game, you would have commented that Trouba was carrying Enstrom and that Chiarot/Postma were as much to blame for Helle getting pulled as he was.  Morrissey tried to bail out Buff on the end to end rush...  conclusion:  you did not rewatch that game.

And arguing about save percentage after every single game is getting ridiculous.

Did you see Chiarot get trapped in the jets d zone... ice the puck and then scheif lose the draw and all 3 jets go to the corner and leave the Montreal player all alone in front 5 feet from the net on the 3rd goal? Or how about our D zone play the entire game.... or lack there of.. or our forwards not hustling back.. our D making terrible pinches all game long? 

Did you hear your buddy Paul Maurice say the entire team played like horseshit?  

Or did you see him rip his team a new ass in the 2nd... cuz coaches do that when teams are just playing so well... did you see their 2 pp shots all game on 4 PP or their 2 shots all 2nd period? 

Edited by Goalie

Helle was responsible for those goals and EVERYONE was talking about ourr goaltending after that game and almost everyone was saying the coach's job is safe until at least the end of the season. Like I have said before though, he has had 9 games with a healthy roster so it is ti me to fire him....he is only 5-4-0.

I think Buff bailed out Morrissey 3 or 4 times and might have been 5...I'd re-watch it again but it is too painful.

Goalie, not sure where you are getting your stats from but mine were up to date after the games last night.

19th place....I don't make up stats like some posters on here.

You want to talk coach go t the thread....you wanna talk goalies, go to the thread...we are needlessly blocking all these threads and are off topic. I posted some goalie stats in there if you would like to debate our 26th place goaltending.

Its not time to fire Maurice.  Although if Chevy makes the decision, he might as well.  But Maurice will be under review this off-season since it will be time to give him an extension or move on.  If he had three years left, its a moot point.  Its possible they'd keep Maurice if he had three years left, but the prospect of giving him an additional three years might be enough to make them cut bait.