Game 38 : Wendy's @ Salisbury House

he is an example that almost anyone can be signed....the "or anyone else" didn't tip you off? Hutch isn't going to play for the Jets next year anyway and neither would Emery or whomever they signed. It will be Helle/Comrie next year. Time to call up Connor and Copp and Tanev and Comrie and let them play. The team isn't making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

he is an example that almost anyone can be signed....the "or anyone else" didn't tip you off? Hutch isn't going to play for the Jets next year anyway and neither would Emery or whomever they signed. It will be Helle/Comrie next year. Time to call up Connor and Copp and Tanev and Comrie and let them play. The team isn't making the playoffs.

So if the team isn't making the playoffs... why not just leave Hutch as our backup.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Get Comrie playing time in the bigs and see what he can do against NHL competition.

edit ... and Hutch has no future with the Jets.

This won't happen. This is comries 2nd pro year. Do you actually understand the development part of draft and develop Or do you want to ruin guys career b4 they even start? 

Just now, Goalie said:

This won't happen. This is comries 2nd pro year. Do you actually understand the development part of draft and develop Or do you want to ruin guys career b4 they even start? 

gonna ruin his career by looking at him for awhile?....Wasn't Helle called up in his 2nd year? did it ruin Helle's career?

the national media aren't talking about it are they?

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Besides the Jets didn't lose because of Hutch. FFS. Columbus has 5 losses all season 

he has won 4 games this year...his sv% is under .900 and was .857 last night.

I know CBJ are the better team, I am not saying the  Jets should have won because in my mind that would have been an upset. said before the game they would lose if Bob was in goal....out goalied again.

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

gonna ruin his career by looking at him for awhile?....Wasn't Helle called up in his 2nd year? did it ruin Helle's career?

the national media aren't talking about it are they?

They will call him up at the end of the season to maybe take a look.  But until they are officially out of the play offs why would they bring him in?

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

No, no, don't you understand? You don't develop in the AHL, you just waste talent.

Lucky for Comrie he wasn't a finalist for the Hobie Baker award or he would have been anointed the Jets number one goalie before the season started.

13 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Send down Hutch? He's here for the expansion draft. Not sure why that is hard to understand. Comrie comes up to be back up?  Hutch sucks. But good thing he isn't our #1 goalie. Why he started tonight is anyone's guess. 

Saw Maurice's pregame interview. When SO asked him that question I interpreted his answer as Helle was on a downswing, Hutch played really well in Vancouver and even though Helle played well in Chicago, Hutch deserves the chance to  see if he can be the #1 guy. I think pomo might be getting his answer, i.e., no consistency from Hutch.

15 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Saw Maurice's pregame interview. When SO asked him that question I interpreted his answer as Helle was on a downswing, Hutch played really well in Vancouver and even though Helle played well in Chicago, Hutch deserves the chance to  see if he can be the #1 guy. I think pomo might be getting his answer, i.e., no consistency from Hutch.

Maurice = Murdoch 2.0

14 hours ago, iHeart said:

you know I am really starting to think that the only reason they sent Pavelec to the Moose WAS to protect him from the Vegas hounds. You can say what you want, that's my theory anyway

Pavs is or eligible for the expansion draft as he becomes a UFA after this season. The jets could have tried signing him to a one year extension but I imagine he would never do that. Would choose free agency over that. 

Hutch was signed to have a goalie to expose but also, I think the jets like him and hoped he'd be an effective back up. He wasn't last night but I'm not ready to write him off yet 

14 hours ago, Ducky said:

who is going to claim Hutch?

The Selkirk Steelers wouldn't claim him.

Hustler and Lawless were talking about this about a month ago and Hustler fired off 4 goalies they cud sign for the draft that were cheaper than Hutch.

Which four?  And also you think the Jets as an organization would shank Hutch like that?  Business is business but you don't want to start looking like a meat grinder for players. 

13 hours ago, Ducky said:

Comrie has 17 starts and Hutch has 15 or 16.

I just don't see the point of having him here if he isn't going to be in the future....nobody is claiming Hutchinson off of waivers.

Future? Hutch is a backup. The back up doesn't have to be a young stud. There is thought that if you're back up is your future starter maybe you're doing things wrong. He should play loads of minutes in the A. And win the job in camp. Like Helle. 

Hutch is a back up. Yes the jets could get someone else to be back up. But hutch is a player they like. Who's been with the organization. He's the back up. 

And you don't expose that to waivers unless youre fine with losing it which the jets aren't. 

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

How many goalies will Vegas pick? Does not have to be 2 right?

And still no news about their AHL team.

Need to pick three goalies...

Unless something changes - Murray, Raanta, Subban

So as usual, most of this thread is completely pointless...

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Need to pick three goalies...

Unless something changes - Murray, Raanta, Subban

So as usual, most of this thread is completely pointless...

Penguins won't lose Murray. They'll find a way to get Fleury moved to a team that makes sense for Fleury.