Game 38 : Wendy's @ Salisbury House

2 goal loss. 2 pk goals against. Yup.  Enough said. 

Did we lose because of Hutch? Probably not but I don't get why Maurice started him after helle stood on his head last game. 

I think if helle plays.. there's a possibility that we would have won. 

I thought the loss was obvious  tho after I found out hutch was starting.  Mind boggling decision by Maurice there 

Coaching is pretty brutal. Stafford on the PK.  Relying on under performing Vets... Hutch starting... 

Same old same old 

1-15-2. 

That's the jets record going for 3 wins in a row under Maurice 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

This team will unfortunately say status quo for the rest of the year, management knows that playoffs are once again not in the cards maybe drop a few vets at the deadline but realistically this team is all ready planning for next year.

They should be but I don't think they are....I think Chevy is still waiting to "go on a run".

24 minutes ago, Ducky said:

who is going to claim Hutch?

The Selkirk Steelers wouldn't claim him.

Hustler and Lawless were talking about this about a month ago and Hustler fired off 4 goalies they cud sign for the draft that were cheaper than Hutch.

Every team needs to expose a goalie... if both of your starters are on ELC, you have to pick one of them.

Just now, Floyd said:

Every team needs to expose a goalie... if both of your starters are on ELC, you have to pick one of them.

Hutch would be eligible to expansion if he is in the AHL or NHL. 

The question is would he be picked off waivers and if so who would you sign to expose. 

Personally, I don't see much benefit to bringing Comrie up this year.   Both he and Helle need starts and playing time.  

This team isn't going anywhere this year.  

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Comrie has 17 starts and Hutch has 15 or 16.

I just don't see the point of having him here if he isn't going to be in the future....nobody is claiming Hutchinson off of waivers.

They both get those starts because they are starters for different teams. If both are with the Jets, they are splitting or one is getting more starts. 

Hutch is a backup, it doesn't matter if he doesn't have a future when he is getting 1 out of 4 or 5 starts. 

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I just don't see the point of having him here if he isn't going to be in the future....nobody is claiming Hutchinson off of waivers.

Maybe not but why risk it. Comrie is so young also. He needs to play.  Him playing as a backup serves no purpose to his development. 

Moose have played a few less games than the Jets have. Bottom line. .. you can blame the goalie but in a team sport like hockey... there's 5 other guys on the ice also. 

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You're wrong. He's a cheap pick-up for a team that needs a goalie to expose. 

Comrie needs to play. And he needs to play in the AHL. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Some teams at the moment don't have a goalie to expose.  The leafs are one. Guys who are ufa to be don't count. 

That's why a guy like Pav is in the AHL... he serves no purpose. 

That's why a guy like hutch isn't. .. he's expansion fodder 

Can't they expose Bibeau?

Can sit here and blame hutch but he's not gonna say no coach helle should play. This was a dumb decision by Maurice.  Hutch wasn't good but neither was the team in front of him. To many penalties once again.

This is not the team who just beat Chicago tho.  Maurice's job is to motivate them and have them prepared.  They started strong. Jackets adjusted in the first intermission and Maurice didn't. Seen that a few times this year 

sign them for one year....what is ray emery doing?

One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.