Game 38 : Wendy's @ Salisbury House

Why is everyone bickering on the goaltending?

Clearly Hutch was put in because Maurice expected us to lose.  

The reason Hutch is here is because they need a goalie to be expendable.    They have to sign a guy for 2 seasons (this and next) so it makes zero sense for them to send down Hutch and call Emery. 

Comrie isn't coming up to the big club because how does he develop sitting on the bench here when he could start most of the games in the AHL.  

Everything seems so transparent to me?

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why is everyone bickering on the goaltending? because it is sub-par .857% tonight.

Clearly Hutch was put in because Maurice expected us to lose.  laughable.

The reason Hutch is here is because they need a goalie to be expendable.    They have to sign a guy for 2 seasons (this and next) so it makes zero sense for them to send down Hutch and call Emery. Don't sign Emery unless Hutch is claimed.

Comrie isn't coming up to the big club because how does he develop sitting on the bench here when he could start most of the games in the AHL.  Comrie has played one more game than Hutch.

Everything seems so transparent to me? I hope it is now.

There you go...

But Emery would have to be signed for 2 seasons. That's the issue.   If Vegas wasn't coming to the league then Hutch would of been gone and Pavs probably back to the big club. 

As I said before this season is a development year and management is not expecting a play off spot or any kind of push.     It's disappointing that Hutch has not shined but no way are they going to rush Comrie in the big league when he can be the guy out in the A.  

Also your numbers are off on Comries game time.. he has played 986 minutes compared to Hutch 761.   The Jets have played 38 games compared to the Moose who have played 28.   

I'm also unsure about the last 20 games or so on how many starts each guy has had but it feels like Helle has started way more as of late then Hutch. 

Thank you and come again,.,...

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

But Emery would have to be signed for 2 seasons. That's the issue.   If Vegas wasn't coming to the league then Hutch would of been gone and Pavs probably back to the big club. 

As I said before this season is a development year and management is not expecting a play off spot or any kind of push.     It's disappointing that Hutch has not shined but no way are they going to rush Comrie in the big league when he can be the guy out in the A.  

Also your numbers are off on Comries game time.. he has played 986 minutes compared to Hutch 761.   The Jets have played 38 games compared to the Moose who have played 28.   

I'm also unsure about the last 20 games or so on how many starts each guy has had but it feels like Helle has started way more as of late then Hutch. 

Thank you and come again,.,...

why is that?

58 minutes ago, iHeart said:

and Maurice says Dano's injury may be long term and Tanev might be back

Copp over Tanev IMHO.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

1-15-2.  That's the jets record going for 3 wins in a row under Maurice 

This should be trending.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Anyone wanna bet who is starting?

Better goalie then what we got? I feel a losing streak coming. It's traditional for January is it not?

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Hutch has as much future with the team as Staf. Get Comrie some time.

This could be done. Just sent Burmi to minors. 3 goalies up here.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Columbus is 1 of the best teams in the league

Columbus heading towards NHL record of biggest comeback season. We still own it?

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

No they didn't and Columbus is 1 of the best teams in the league this year

(Tampa) NYR Vancouver Columbus for Torts.  Maybe the problem in Vancouver were the players 

If Loungo was in Vancouver at time then yes but didnt they trade him b4 Torts arrived?

29 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That's intriguing if it would work...  but then why wouldn't the Jets just start the season with Helle, Pavs, Hutch...?

Cause they were stupid. Heck giving the starter job without a real test was stupid. Bomber stupid.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I honestly don't know if you are being serious or just that thick....I think it is the latter.

Just out of curiosity... how do you interpret this.  And I'm trying to be fair here.

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and B) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and B) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

Just now, Floyd said:

Just out of curiosity... how do you interpret this.  And I'm trying to be fair here.

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and B) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and B) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

so really they cud sign you or me and expose us to the draft.....they don't have to protect Comrie and they will protect Helle....you were talking about goalies I assume.

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

The draft is before their contracts run out for the season so someone like Comrie that played last season and this season will be exempt.

"you just don't understand the expansion draft at all.

That's okay, it happens to the best of us."

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

why is that?

Because you have to expose a goalie who is signed for the 2017-2018 season....  otherwise every team would sign a ham n egger goalie for this season and leave them exposed which Vegas would have zero interest since they could sign them in free agency.  

I would assume you would know all of this?

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

The draft is before their contracts run out for the season so someone like Comrie that played last season and this season will be exempt.

"you just don't understand the expansion draft at all.

That's okay, it happens to the best of us."

So which goalie would the Jets leave exposed then... each team HAS to leave one guy exposed.  So by your idea of dumping Hutch the Jets would be forced to expose Hellebuyck.......

But hey it's okay... it happens to the best of us! 

Edited by Brandon