Game 36 : More Snow @ More Rain

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

my point is just because they're over 25 doesn't mean they're losing their touch, this isn't Logan's Run you know

Nhl is quickly becoming a young mans league. Look at Andrew Ladd as an example or Drew Stafford. They can't keep up. Little and wheeler are both still fine tho. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

I wonder if the Jets should draft a goalie next year

No. They have several. Goalies don't reach their prime until they are 24 24 26 27 later even at times. 18 yr old goalies just don't happen anymore. Hellebuyck Comrie Philips Berdin will be fine. Maybe sign a vet backup for helle tho cuz hutch ain't the answer 

Edited by Goalie

Whew, a win. Maurice must be relieved that he isn't being fired after all, what with the national media talking about it and all...

Matthias and Armia didn't show much rust and their line was arguably the best for the Jets tonight. Lowry even looked more confident with the puck tonight. Trouba played well and it is nice to see some goals starting to go in for Ehlers because he deserves it.

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Whew, a win. Maurice must be relieved that he isn't being fired after all, what with the national media talking about it and all...

Matthias and Armia didn't show much rust and their line was arguably the best for the Jets tonight. Lowry even looked more confident with the puck tonight. Trouba played well and it is nice to see some goals starting to go in for Ehlers because he deserves it.

Trouba is starting to hit his stride for sure...

Still want to see Dano-Petan-Armia as our third line though

Stafford looking more and more Setoguchi every game...

Amazing part is there is so much growth potential to his game, clearly.  Not only because he's 18 and will add muscle and size to his frame but learning the game.  If Laine has the same learning curve as Ehlers, he will explode next season and score 50+.

And Ehlers...man is he good.  Really good.  Im glad they dont share contract years...but both those kids are going to get very rich very soon.

I had to watch the Vancouver feed with John Garrett as the color guy, homer extraordinaire.  He was going on and on about how that Little goal wasn't a goal, and that the Canucks should contact the league and lodge a formal complaint.  He kept saying that the whistle went before Little pushed the puck over the line, despite the replay showing over and over that it in fact did not go off before.  And to top it off, he's losing it over a goal that made it 4-1 with only a few minutes left in the game.  It's not like it made the game 2-1 with 12 seconds left.  Anyway, all I wanted to say is - Merry Christmas Shane Hnidy, Dennis Beyak and of course Sara Orlesky.  You guys rock.  I only appreciate you when I have to listen to incredibly inferior broadcast teams.  We are lucky to have you guys.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I had to watch the Vancouver feed with John Garrett as the color guy, homer extraordinaire.  He was going on and on about how that Little goal wasn't a goal, and that the Canucks should contact the league and lodge a formal complaint.  He kept saying that the whistle went before Little pushed the puck over the line, despite the replay showing over and over that it in fact did not go off before.  And to top it off, he's losing it over a goal that made it 4-1 with only a few minutes left in the game.  It's not like it made the game 2-1 with 12 seconds left.  Anyway, all I wanted to say is - Merry Christmas Shane Hnidy, Dennis Beyak and of course Sara Orlesky.  You guys rock.  I only appreciate you when I have to listen to incredibly inferior broadcast teams.  We are lucky to have you guys.

Watched the third this morning before work and, yeah, it is tiring listening to those two. BTW, no way I could have stayed awake even if I did stay at the pub :)

Matthias Lowry Armia was good but the problem with that line is there isn't a goal scorer on it. Yeah they are good at cycling behind the net but they don't really create many scoring chances. When they do they don't capitalize. Need a scorer on that line.  Lowry has hands of stone as does Matthias.  Armia is strong defensively but doesn't have any finish, Besides being Finnish. 

I think you eventually see Connor with little and wheeler.  

If Perreault is still here next season perhaps Perreault Petan Armia works.  

4th line could be Matthias Lowry Dano. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Especially Sara Orlesky.  :-)

When you watch that goal in real time, it sounds like the whistle blew first (which would have made it a ridiculously early whistle) but on the replay it was clear the puck went in before the whistle.  One could argue intent to blow but the ref immediately signaled the goal.