Game 34 : The Shining @ Misery

Going to the game and the Jets 2.0 have never lost with me in attendance. Make your bets now. Take a good look at Landeskog and Duchene. There are rumors around that Trouba might be going to Denver eventually. Those are the 2 most mentioned players when this scenario comes up.

Not much interest in Duchene because he is only signed for 2 more sesaons after tis one. Landeskog is signed for 4 more but do we need another top 6 LWer?

Trouba has been playing well and I sure wish he would stay but I don't think anything happens until the dust settles after the expansion and entry drafts.

Trouba hasn't looked good the last 5 games now.  I'd do Trouba for Landeskog every day. It's pretty obvious that trouba doesn't have a future here. 

Laine Scheif Ehlers 

Landeskog Little Wheeler 

Perreault Lowry Armia 

Maybe it's bigger tho 

Trouba plus Connor for Landeskog and Jost or Colorado 1st. 

Big big fan of Tyson Jost... Jets really liked him at the draft... big character and work ethic on him. At north Dakota right now. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Trouba hasn't looked good the last 5 games now.  I'd do Trouba for Landeskog every day. It's pretty obvious that trouba doesn't have a future here. 

Laine Scheif Ehlers 

Landeskog Little Wheeler 

Perreault Lowry Armia 

Maybe it's bigger tho 

Big big fan of Tyson Jost... Jets really liked him at the draft... big character and work ethic on him. At north Dakota right now. 

Tough in the same division but everyone benefits and both teams share the risk of their former player haunting them.  So why not.

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Laine Scheif Ehlers 

Landeskog Little Wheeler 

Perreault Lowry Armia 

Maybe it's bigger tho 

In a heartbeat. I would be ecstatic if this happened. Landeskog is a leader. What an addition to our team he would be. Make it happen. 

Yup would probably have to give up more, Connor would be a good pick but hate to say it but maybe even a guy like Ehlers would have to be offered up. Have to give something to get something.

Trouba for Landeskog is fair straight up. Colorado doesn't have anything I'd want other than Landeskog Jost and their 1st. 

Ehlers is massive overpayment for Landeskog. Trouba plus prospect (Connor Petan Kosmo de Leo etc) for Landeskog and Jost is pretty fair also. 

Think Hall for Larsson here. Except Landeskog isn't as good as Hall and Troubas potential  ( I don't see it tho) is more than Larsson so straight up Is fair. Landeskog is good but he's a winger and generally wingers have a bit less value than top 2 D men 

Edited by Goalie

I'm keeping Trouba over Landeskog.

Equally talented but there's more value in a top pairing d, that's still an RFA after his current deal expires.

I still think the Jets can get a young, raw, LHD and a top pick for Trouba. That's what I would like to see.

Edited by JCon

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Trouba for Landeskog is fair straight up. Colorado doesn't have anything I'd want other than Landeskog Jost and their 1st. 

Ehlers is massive overpayment for Landeskog. Trouba plus prospect (Connor Petan Kosmo de Leo etc) for Landeskog and Jost is pretty fair also. 

Think Hall for Larsson here. Except Landeskog isn't as good as Hall and Troubas potential  ( I don't see it tho) is more than Larsson so straight up Is fair. Landeskog is good but he's a winger and generally wingers have a bit less value than top 2 D men 

I really like Ehlers but wouldn't say it's a massive overpayment if we could pry two quality players out of a team plus a high draft pick. 

Ultimately though it's in our best interests to keep Trouba as long as we can this year, let him flout his wares, and give him up to the highest bidder.

The risk is he doesn't flout his wares but it's more his risk than ours if he is at least functional for us over the next two years.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I really like Ehlers but wouldn't say it's a massive overpayment if we could pry two quality players out of a team plus a high draft pick. 

Ultimately though it's in our best interests to keep Trouba as long as we can this year, let him flout his wares, and give him up to the highest bidder.

The risk is he doesn't flout his wares but it's more his risk than ours if he is at least functional for us over the next two years.

ok5-tarnation.jpg

The Avs are 2-7-1 in their last 10. They have scored the least amount of goals (64) in the league.

The next three games before the break are games the Jets should win. A minimum of 5 points should be expected. Both teams are worse defensively and offensively than the Jets.