Game 34 : The Shining @ Misery

Seems like fighting is gonna go away when all the Thorburn calibre players are gone, It's always the Vets that are fighting it seems, Thorburn just fights cuz he can't do much else and honestly, he's a pretty bad fighter, He ain't no Peluso that's for sure.

Good first tho, lots of chances, lots of posts and missed nets also. Solid tho. The DREADED 2nd coming up. 

Good to see Ehlers score, Perrault finding chemistry with Little and Wheeler and Dano/Tanev/Lowry/Copp busting their asses...

OTOH - PK still brutal - hate this collapsing box...  Stafford still floating, Thorbs still reliable for one badly timed penalty and Enstrom looking more and more like he's lost a step...

Nice to see the Jets beat teams they are supposed to beat.  Keep it up in Vancouver now.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Good to see Ehlers score, Perrault finding chemistry with Little and Wheeler and Dano/Tanev/Lowry/Copp busting their asses...

OTOH - PK still brutal - hate this collapsing box...  Stafford still floating, Thorbs still reliable for one badly timed penalty and Enstrom looking more and more like he's lost a step...

Nice to see the Jets beat teams they are supposed to beat.  Keep it up in Vancouver now.

yes that collapsing box is frustrating to watch.  They just gave Iginla that goal.  No challenge whatsoever.

Chevy should get me some season tickets. The Jets 2.0 are batting 1.000 with me in attendance.

Laine is a sniper and Scheifele may be the next captain and Helle REALLY deserved a shutout and guys just bounce off of Buff but Ehlers is worth the price of admission.

This guy can score 40 goals every season if they start going in for him. He has the speed of Ivan Cournoyer and possibly better hands. For you younger guys, Cournoyer was nicknamed the roadrunner and was the fastest guy in the league for years. His rookie season was 64-65 and he went on to score more than 400 goals and almost 900 points. He is a hall of famer and I dare say that Ehlers has the potential to be better and I think that he will be! I gotta fess up and admit that I was hoping Chevy picked Ritchie because the Jets were a big, bruising team at that time and I thought Ritchie fit in better. God, it's a good thing I'm not running this team.

Absolutely hate that Helle didn't get the SO because he deserved it. Chiarot and Postma are no better in person but I thought Postma made way fewer mistakes. Chiarot is, at best, a 7D man.

I'm not bitching about the price of beer at a game because Winnipeg went without an NHL team for way too long but I can remember bitching when beer went up to $3.50 at the Jets' games!!!!!!!!!!!

Two big games in BC coming up that would be really, really nice to win before the break. It would even give me hope of possibly seeing them make the playoffs. 37 points in 36 games is really close to a playoff spot in the Western Conference this year and we have injured players about to come back. Dallas, Vancouver and Colorado aren't making the playoffs this year. If the Jets turn it on now with a more relaxed schedule, the playoffs are a possibly.