Free agency, who stays who goes?

wbbfan

Darrin bauming tweeted an unofficial list of pending bomber FAs.

https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/799748340825149440/photo/1

QB nichols, glenn, davis, and bennett.

WR Adams, denmark, gurley, kohlert, kieran duncan, and mayo.

OL Stanley bryant, and Jeff keeping.

DL Cummings, tennant.

Lbers bass, briggs, burnett, hurl, tuck and sherman. 

DBs Posey, justin warden, and chris greenwood.

Mcduffie, Medlock, and remple on teams. 

For me the wants would be some thing like this

QB Nichols, glenn bennett (in the presser it sounded like MBT was a shoe in to be back for camp next year) 

WR, Id take em all back save duncan. If we can get a better nuck then kohlert id be ok with parting ways.

Ol bryant of course. Neufeld and keeping are rype to be put out to pasture.

DL. Didnt mind what little i saw form tennant. Big ni bodies have value. I expect some turn over at this position.

Lbers. Burnett was a beast on teams. Didnt have a big impact on his starts but def a guy id like to see back to fight for a job next year and play teams. Hurl has been eating up a lot of cap room, too much for a back up ni lber at a position we are deep at.

DB we had big performances from young guys, I think we gotta brace for them to take a step back in their 2nd year. 

Id bring back all 3 teamers. Mcduffie showed some flashes in returns and as a WR. Id still bring in returners to fight for the job with him and fogg though.

Nichols.  Bennett. Adams. Bass. Burnett. Bryant.  Medlock. Remple are the major ones. Denmark and Gurley are on the next group. 

Cummings would be nice to have back but I think Padric Scott could take his place.  

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nichols.  Bennett. Adams. Bass. Burnett. Bryant.  Medlock. Remple are the major ones. Denmark and Gurley are on the next group. 

Cummings would be nice to have back but I think Padric Scott could take his place.  

With cummings performance this year and signing a deal to try n get an nfl look in the off season, our tightening budget and his salary Id be kinda surprised if he comes back. I wonder how thomas would manage as a starting DT. With rupert butcher coming back (hopefully) and another year for corney we could have enough NI depth at back up Dl to start another nuck. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

With Cummings performance this year and signing a deal to try n get an NFL look in the off season, our tightening budget and his salary Id be kinda surprised if he comes back. I wonder how Thomas would manage as a starting DT. With Rupert Butcher coming back (hopefully) and another year for Corney we could have enough NI depth at back up Dl to start another 'nuck. 

Cummings was good but not irreplaceable. Corney got better and better as the season wore on. Butcher is an unknown quantity but has the size, God knows.

42 minutes ago, tracker said:

Cummings was good but not irreplaceable. Corney got better and better as the season wore on. Butcher is an unknown quantity but has the size, God knows.

Cummings has size and was very good previous to this year too. But didnt live up / didnt thrive in this system. Corney showed really good early, then dipped and steadily improved with less reps after that. Still have high hopes for him. hes raw but another TC and off season will work wonders for him.

Butcher has size, incredible strength and showed great flashes in TC. Think he could easily be at worst a good STer for goal line package / line depth.

I know there's been talks on here of the Bombers needing a reliable, tall wide receiver Nichols could rely on as a deep threat. Just adding fuel to the fire here, but since he was released...

how would people feel about Duron Carter?

I know he was released for locker room etiquette, so it'd be hard to imagine O'Shea coaching him.. but Carter certainly has talent. Based on what happened this year I feel Carter might be a bit humbled after being released by the Als. He might also have something to prove, and could be signed at a reduced rate because of the stigma around him.

28 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know there's been talks on here of the Bombers needing a reliable, tall wide receiver Nichols could rely on as a deep threat. Just adding fuel to the fire here, but since he was released...

I know he was released for locker room etiquette, so it'd be hard to imagine O'Shea coaching him.. but Carter certainly has talent. Based on what happened this year I feel Carter might be a bit humbled after being released by the Als. He might also have something to prove, and could be signed at a reduced rate because of the stigma around him.

I think you nailed it about O'Shea. Who wants the headache of dealing with a headcase like Carter, no matter how talented? 

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

Cummings is more of a DL/ DT. 

Corney is a DE 

.... there was no suggestion of corney replacing cummings. It was thomas replacing cummings and corney+ butcher offering enough depth to rotate an american on the line. Cus if you start thomas with an imp DE and put in corney, take out thomas you can put in an imp DT. 

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Love the talent, hate the headcase. Some guys are considered locker room trouble on other teams, change teams and suddenly no issue at all. Having the right or wrong type of locker room can change things drastically. Also guys can mature. Messam is a strong case for a guy who was a locker room problem until he proved other wise. 

I dont think we take a chance on him though. He would cost mega bucks when we allready have guys who contribute on the field with out being an issue. Adams + gurley a side from size being over rated at wr, we dont have a lack of it. No matter the size of a WR it isnt going to make up for a system that takes very very few deep shots and a QB who doesnt have a good deep ball. 

Re: DL... I think if Cummings leave Padric Scott will adequately fill in... Jake Thomas has been a very good rotational player his entire time here... it's just a matter of finding the right guys to rotate with him.... as some suggested, Corney and Butcher could be options... I wouldn't oppose that, except we have no idea if Butcher is ready to be a CFL lineman...

21 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Re: DL... I think if Cummings leave Padric Scott will adequately fill in... Jake Thomas has been a very good rotational player his entire time here... it's just a matter of finding the right guys to rotate with him.... as some suggested, Corney and Butcher could be options... I wouldn't oppose that, except we have no idea if Butcher is ready to be a CFL lineman...

You want Corney to rotate in at tackle?