US Politics

Rich

Oh I'm so surprised 

CNN Exclusive: Classified docs contradict Nunes surveillance claims, GOP and Dem sources say

CNN Exclusive: Classified docs contradict Nunes surveillance claims, GOP and Dem sources say

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Actually it's not, and I'm not defending Spicer.  What he did was really really dumb.  And the over-reaction to what he said is just as dumb. 

haha sure.  Keep minimizing.  What over-reaction?  Multiple calls for him to be replaced?  I dont think that's unreasonable at all.  Certainly not a "dumb overreaction".  But you'll take the most extreme response and say "see its all overblown".

Bush liked Assad. Wonder what happened?

Wikipedia has a good article about US messing around in Syria..... coups, coup plots, CIA skullduggery, going right back to Syrian independence in the forties. Rendition for torture.

With our cooperation, the Americans sent an innocent Canadian there for horrendous torture.

Edited by Mark F

In 1988, during the waning days of Iraq's war with Iran, the United States learned through satellite imagery that Iran was about to gain a major strategic advantage by exploiting a hole in Iraqi defenses. U.S. intelligence officials conveyed the location of the Iranian troops to Iraq."

For several years before that, CIA documents show, U.S. officials were aware that Iraq had been using chemical weapons in its long war against neighboring Iran and likely would again.

That's just what happened, according to Foreign Policy:

"The Iraqis used mustard gas and sarin prior to four major offensives in early 1988 that relied on U.S. satellite imagery, maps, and other intelligence. These attacks helped to tilt the war in Iraq's favor and bring Iran to the negotiating table, and they ensured that the Reagan administration's long-standing policy of securing an Iraqi victory would succeed."

It's different when we do it.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:59 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Actually it's not, and I'm not defending Spicer.  What he did was really really dumb.  And the over-reaction to what he said is just as dumb. 

I disagree with most of what you say in this thread... but I agree with you on this one... Spicer's comment was incredibly ignorant and tone deaf... but those people jumping to "holocaust denier" is a ridiculous reach...

21 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I disagree with most of what you say in this thread... but I agree with you on this one... Spicer's comment was incredibly ignorant and tone deaf... but those people jumping to "holocaust denier" is a ridiculous reach...

Which no one here stated actually. Not at all. One group did. Many others simply called for his dismissal. But it's easier to take the most extreme response out there to attack as a means to deflect from the issue. 

Spicer is an idiot and said a stupid thing. Full stop. No need to qualify that with "but....."

i mean everyone is welcome to. But the purpose is readily apparent. And hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Which no one here stated actually. Not at all. One group did. Many others simply called for his dismissal. But it's easier to take the most extreme response out there to attack as a means to deflect from the issue. 

Spicer is an idiot and said a stupid thing. Full stop. No need to qualify that with "but....."

i mean everyone is welcome to. But the purpose is readily apparent. And hilarious. 

Sorry, I should've clarified by "those people" I meant media and such... wasn't meant to be a jab at anyone here...

I definitely agree with the second bolded statement...

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

It's different when we do it.

Liars and hypocrites all and yet the majority of the public continues to believe these fairy tales and allows unfettered access to tax dollars to be directed towards infinite military spending.  I wonder what the cost of that 21,000 lbs. bomb was?  I'm thinking the cost benefit is hugely out of whack to turn mud back into dust...

There's this strain of thinking in the USA, probably since Vietnam, maybe even Korea, that as a nation we don't fight dirty and seriously, we're too careful about ****. 

The people who think this way will get giant wood over dropping a huge bomb. It's a sign we're asserting ourselves and taking the gloves off.  That's why they announce this ****.