US Politics

Rich

I think the people that think a gap doesnt exist look at from the perspective of "well women getting less arent equal to the men making more" in the sense of education, experience etc.  But its still a societal thing with women taking breaks for family and returning the workforce and not being treated the same as men.

My experience has been that women are widely treated less than men in most work places I've been in from bar tending to corporate executives.  In the corporate world, women are encouraged to find mentors in a way men arent because they need help navigating the old boys club.  And even in my age bracket which isnt that old, there are rutinely incidents of men making it very difficult for their female boss because they simply dont respect women as authorities.  Personally, my best boss at my current place of work was a woman

Trump's sleight of hand/red herring is about to land on the head's of Syrian people.

The Americans have decided that it's Assad who used nerve gas, without any investigation of any kind.

Amazing how they can do that isn't it?

ESP maybe?

meanwhile the only group proven to have used nerve gas in Syria, was the group supported by Americans.

Here's some news you did not get here in North America..... The Americans, under President Saint Barrack, decided it was Assad, that used nerve gas. (It's different when we do it right?)

but

7 May 2013

In a series of interviews, UN investigator Carla del Ponte said that sarin gas used in Syria was fired by the US-backed opposition, not the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.

Del Ponte is a former Swiss attorney general who served on Western-backed international courts on Yugoslavia and Rwanda. She currently sits on a UN commission of inquiry on Syria. In an interview with Italian-Swiss broadcaster RSI on Sunday, she said, “According to the testimonies we have gathered, the rebels have used chemical weapons, making use of sarin gas.”

She explained, “Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors, and field hospitals, and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated. This was on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities.”

She added, “This is not surprising, since the opponents [i.e., the anti-Assad opposition] have been infiltrated by foreign fighters.”

In a video interview on the BBC yesterday, del Ponte said, “We collected some witness testimony that made it appear that some chemical weapons were used, in particular, nerve gas. What appeared to our investigation was that was used by the opponents, by the rebels. We have no, no indication at all that the government, the authorities of the Syrian government, had used chemical weapons.”

Testimony? We don't need no stinkin witness testimony!

Also, Americans have been spraying DU all over Syria, to save everyone. Check out birth defects Fallujah if you think DU is ok.

Distraction incoming.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As everyone except Trump knows, this will lead to direct military confrontation with Russia.

Maybe the end times seekers are setting policy now in the Whitehouse.

And Trump will prove he's not Putin's poodle, by starting a war with Russia.

The man's insane.

Got your fallout shelter ready?

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

Trump's sleight of hand/red herring is about to land on the head's of Syrian people.

The Americans have decided that it's Assad who used nerve gas, without any investigation of any kind.

Amazing how they can do that isn't it?

ESP maybe?

How do you know there hasn't been any type of investigation? From the New York Times:

American intelligence has established with high confidence that a Syrian government aircraft carried out the attack, a senior American official said. The poison used in the deadly chemical bomb attack in a rebel­held part of northern Syria was the banned nerve agent sarin, the Turkish Health Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

Why would rebels conduct chemical warfare on an area they hold?

Edited by Jacquie

30 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Not saying this is the case, but if the rebels used it on their own people and framed it on Assaad to draw sympathy to their cause and provoke a military response against assad... mission accomplished. A twisted "sacrifice the few for the good of the many" scenario I reckon. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Chemical weapons experts have determined that mustard gas was used in a Syrian town where Islamic State insurgents were battling another rebel group, according to a report by an international watchdog seen by Reuters.

A confidential Oct. 29 report by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), a summary of which was shown to Reuters, concluded "with the utmost confidence that at least two people were exposed to sulfur mustard" in the town of Marea, north of Aleppo, on Aug. 21.

"It is very likely that the effects of sulfur mustard resulted in the death of a baby," it said.

The findings provide the first official confirmation of use of sulfur mustard, commonly known as mustard gas, in Syria since it agreed to destroy its chemical weapons stockpile, which included sulfur mustard.

The report did not mention Islamic State, as the fact-finding mission was not mandated to assign blame, but diplomatic sources said the chemical had been used in the clashes between Islamic State and another rebel group taking place in the town at the time.

"It raises the major question of where the sulfur mustard came from,"

They are the only ones Proven to have used them. And they are losing. and now the US is going to intervene on their behalf, again. Why wouldn't they use it?

American intelligence has established with high confidence that a Syrian government aircraft carried out the attack, a senior American official said.

They also established that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. With high confidence.

why don't they release some details if they're so sure?

And finally, why are they there at all? When did Syria threaten the USA? I think I missed that. Cause if it didn't, their intervention is a war crime.

Edited by Mark F

Thursday, 31 October 2013

Director-General salutes returning group of OPCW inspectors to The Hague

The Joint Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons – United Nations Mission confirmed today that the government of the Syrian Arab Republic has completed the functional destruction of critical equipment for all of its declared chemical weapons production facilities and mixing/filling plants, rendering them inoperable.

By doing so, Syria has met the deadline set by the OPCW Executive Council* to “complete as soon as possible and in any case not later than 1 November 2013, the destruction of chemical weapons production and mixing/filling equipment.”   

At the same time, OPCW Director-General Ahmet Üzümcü welcomed back to the OPCW headquarters in The Hague a returning group of eight inspectors, who arrived in Damascus with the Advanced Team on 1 October and have been conducting the verification work on the ground ever since.

“On behalf of the OPCW, I thank you and all of our colleagues from the Joint OPCW-UN Mission who remain in Syria for your outstanding service,” the Director-General said. “I salute the fortitude and courage you’ve all demonstrated in fulfilling the most challenging mission ever undertaken by this Organisation.”

Never let the truth get in the way of a good opportunity to make war.

Everything Trump does is wrong, except when he decides to bomb Syria.

Edited by Mark F

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:50 PM, Atomic said:

At this point the gender pay gap is basically a myth and there are plenty of resources that support that view.

Yup.  Been in the workforce now in Canada since 1993 and have never, ever been a part of any company anywhere that has paid a man more than a woman.  Ever.  And I know this because I've been in the accounting departments of every single company, so I know what everyone is paid.

Edited by kelownabomberfan